It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2006, 05:38 PM   #1
(female)

feb06baby HB User
Nursing Pads...

I got a question to those who breast feed and use nursing pads. I have tried 3 kinds and unhappy with all. The main reason I hate them is b/c they all leave my breasts looking lumpy like I stuffed my bra! I have to wear them b/c I leak a lot. I tried Curity, they are the worst, and some sample kind I got from the hospital(can't remember the brand). The ones I use are Lansinoh brand they are a little better. All my pre-prego shirts fit just fine, but are naturally tighter across my bust, and you can see the wrinkles and lumps of my nursing pad through my nursing bra. Also, It would help if I could find a nursing bra that was not such thin fabric. I've only looked at cheap ones from Walmart, but has any one found anything better some where else?

Old 04-20-2006, 07:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

soon2bmommy HB User
Re: Nursing Pads...

While I was breastfeeding, I used the Medela pads which you couldn't tell I had on at all. Every other one I used you could tell. The Medela pads are formed to fit the breast instead of just being a flat pad. They were AMAZING and kept me very dry even thru the whole nite

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2006, 07:30 PM   #3
(female)

JustGinger HB User

Elisha,

When I was breastfeeding I used Avent Natural nursing pads. They have an inverted middle that covers your nipple. I don't know how well they hold up because I didn't leak too much, but they were comfortable and you couldn't see them under my shirt. As for a good nursing bra, I bought one from Motherhood maternity store. It was padded yet comfortable with thick padded straps. I think I paid about $20 but it was worth it. Hope this helps.

Ginger

Last edited by JustGinger; 04-20-2006 at 07:31 PM.

Old 04-20-2006, 08:13 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

debating HB User

I use the Avent ones as well. I leak A LOT and they have never let me down. Further more, the contoured nipple shape is natural looking, and comfortable.

Old 04-20-2006, 09:25 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

sweetea13 HB User

I use what I beleive are the Johnson and Johnson in the blue box, and I like them, don;t have any complaints. They are about $6.00 for 60 pads/ Good luck!

Old 04-21-2006, 04:28 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzygirl HB User

I used Gerber pads, and they were pretty good...............they also make soimething called Lillipadz. they actually stop leaking all together, and they don't show at all, I really recommend them.

Old 04-21-2006, 05:02 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Laur77 HB User

My favourite is Johnson and Johnson. They are curved to fit as well. I am opposite as you, I spent lots of money on expensive bras and hated them. Then I went to Wal-Mart and got a couple from there and LOVED THEM. They are Playtex. They are not thin, very supportive, and easy to open and close the flaps. Good luck!

Old 04-21-2006, 06:00 AM   #8
(female)

sevans929 HB User

As far as nursing bras go, try to find one that has a little bit of padding, that way you can use any nursing pad and it will not show through. Motherhood has a nice selection of bras (that's where I got mine from). And they're not too expensive (about $15-20).

Old 04-21-2006, 06:57 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

I tried several. I also wore the cheap, thin wal-mart nursing bras. I chose to not invest in anything too expensive. I found I never did really leak...I was just wearing the pads because I thought I needed them if I was breastfeeding. The pads did add an extra cushion in my bra and helped when my nipples were really sensitive.

Gerber (washable/reuseable): HATED these!!!!! The pads were pretty small and thick and definitely visible. They moved around inside the bra. Ugh.

Lansinoh (washable/reuseable): Better than Gerber, but still not so great. These pads are nice and big so they cover more of the breast and not as noticeable, but after about 2 washings, they started losing their shape & getting lumpy & more visible.

Lansinoh Disposable: Best I tried. They are disposable. I wasn't thrilled about having to buy disposable ones, but they were so good, I was happy to toss the washable ones. There's a ton in the box too, so I really didn't feel like I was throwing $$ away. They are big & covered my my breast. They are thin like a panty-liner, and adjust to the shape of you (becasue they are so thin). They also have the sticky side (like pantyliners) so they don't move around in your bra. I never used the stickies...just set it in my bra.

That's my experience.

Last edited by Gayle0000; 04-21-2006 at 07:00 AM.

Old 04-21-2006, 11:40 AM   #10
(female)

Mamasita_of_3 HB User

I also tried many of them cause I would leak ALOT. Out of the many I found that the Johnson & Johnson worked best and was very cheap.

David Anthony 4/16/98
Skye Lyn 5/13/01
Faith Lyn 3/20/06

Old 04-23-2006, 11:38 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

I use the Gerber ones. I really like them first and foremost because they aren't noticeble under most shirts...even tighter tshirts. They are pretty good price in comparrison to the other brands as well, I don't even remember how much they are but most brands that have way less pads in a box are the same price or more so I find that I get more pads for my money with Gerber...and if you have Walmart, they every so often have a bonus pack...(I noticed it in the current flyer they have out)...where you get 2 boxes of pads and a nipple balm for $14.99.

Closed Thread