It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2006, 10:30 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User
Re: August Moms/August Babies

Thanks guys I really appreciate your support...its weird how DH is. He can go for weeks being good and then he must have some stupid switch in his brain that says,"Hmmmm...feels like a good night to make the wife mad" and he does the very things that he knows makes me angry. I'm going to check into starting counselling on my own at first, thats a good suggestion...that way I can fill the counsellor in on EVERYTHING that is on my chest before DH starts coming.

Kaden is doing good with table foods...I don't give them to him every meal, he eats mostly his baby cereals and baby jarred foods but he does taste almost everything we eat too. This week he had vegetable soup, I didn't even need to mash the bits of carrots or the peas or the pasta letters, he chewed them all before swallowing...the little chunks of potatoes he chewed too but because they are more solid he had to chew longer and it made me nervous so I skipped the potatoes after that. And for supper he had his own food but tasted some of my fish. This morning for breakfast I made his baby cereal and threw in some cheerios. And tonight he had some of my chicken meat pie. He really likes to try all these foods. I feel guilty now if I don't share because he sits there and stares at me and chatters away like he's saying " Hey...wheres mine?"

Oh, I was going to ask, is it just me or do any of you have issues with their little ones always turning themselves sideways in their cribs? Whenever Kaden cries in his crib, he almost always is turned sideways and is mad because he's too tall to stretch out. His new thing too is listening to hear me coming up to his room then being ever so quiet while he watches me peek in at him....the other day he was crying so I went upstairs and by the time I got half way up the stairs he was quiet, so I stood at the door and listened, sure that he had fallen back asleep because it was so quiet...until I heard a cute little giggle! He could see me standing in the small crack of his doorway and he thought that was funny!

I have to try and find a different Sunblock for Kaden I think...I have the Sunblock for Kids, I think it's Coppertone or Hawaiin Tropic, one the the popular brands, but he seems to have sensitive skin and gets teeny bumps on his face, you can't see them unless you look close-up, they aren't red or anything...I'll try it again and see and if he still gets the bumps I'll see if I can find a sensitive skin one.

Well, Thats about it. Talk to you all soon,
Take care.

Last edited by kierrasmommy; 04-20-2006 at 10:31 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2006, 09:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiedy HB User

S&J, Troy is a big boy, I wonder how big Avery is, he looks so long and lean now, like a little boy, not a baby anymore. He also sleeps well, occasionally will wake up in the middle of the night. He still wakes up at 6am, but I put him in the swing and he will sleep for another hour or two. This morning was so sad, he was crying at 7, so I went in, and he was leaning sideways, and everytime, the swing went backwards, he got smaked on the head by one of the legs. Poor thing, luckly the sings was on the slow mode.

Avery is getting another tooth, he's obsessed w/ chewing on things. I haven't given him any table food. I'm just so scared that he will choke on it.

Oh, S&J, Avery also turns on this tummy at night. He will turn sideways or completely around in the crib. In the morning, when I go to him, half asleep, ocassionally, I end up putting the pacifier in his feet NOT his mouth, lol.

Avery pulled himself up to his feet from a sitting position for the first time. It was in the crib, which gives his feet a better grip (our hardwood floors make him slip), but once he did it, he became obsessed w/ doing it over and over again, it was so funny. I'm definitly lowering the matress today. No signs of crawling yet.

Kierrasmommy, that's great that you will go and talk to someone by yourself first. I haven't tried any sunblock on DS yet, so I'm going to have to try different ones too.
DS also knows when I'm coming into the room, by hearing the door open, it can by just a small crack, but he hear it, and stops crying. If I don't come in, he starts again.

Oh, I really want to start Avery on meats, but I don't want to buy the jar staff, it looks gross. Problem is, DH is vegeterian, so I don't cook meat very often and only eat it myself when we go out. I don't know if I want to cook another meal just for him and I, when I know he will only eat a little bit.

well, gotta go, ds just woke up

Old 04-23-2006, 11:47 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiedy HB User

Well DS refuses to crawl, lol. Everytime I show him how, he immediatly straightend his legs and stands up. I don't think he will crawl. Now that he discovered that he can stand up, he is constantly doing it. Of course this is not always successful, so I can't get any break, lol. Today he also said "patty" as he was clapping his hands to patty cake, patty cake.
I've been working w/ him to "give me five". He absolutely loves it. He'll lift his hand up, it's so cute.

How is everyone else. I see that they earased all of our previous posts.

Old 04-24-2006, 12:12 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Hi
That is so cute that he said "Patty". Kaden loves patty cake and itsy bitsy spider. Well, not much is new here, I don't think Kaden is any closer to crawling either and now he gets angry because he can't get to where he wants to go...he rolls ALL over the place and pushes himself backwards to get into whatever he can, but he can't figure out how to go forward. If you put your hand out and he grabs it he will pull himself to you...I even watched him roll as close as he could to the heater vent and put his fingers in the vent (luckily we changed all or vents to the plastic ones) and he pulled himself closer. He is trying to pull himself to standing alot more now too.

Funny how when they were babies we couldn't wait until they'd roll over, and now that they roll over we can't wait for them to crawl...I just wish he'd figure it out because then he'd be happier to get to wherever he wants to go all on his own....rather than scream at Mom until she moves him to where he wants to be. LOL It's like a guessing game right now...try sitting him on the floor with toys, try laying him on the floor to roll and practise crawling, try putting him in his jolly jumper, try putting him in his exersaucer.

Saturday I had 4 friends come over and we did our scrapbooking. It's fun not only to do something creative with my memories, but to see everyone elses too, and most of all, for all of us to just get away and be able to have some adult conversation.

Today we bought Kaden a baby/toddler swing attachment to clip onto Kierra's swingset. It has a 5 point harness and nice full support moulded seat. We hooked it up and I put Kaden in it but at first he got mad at me because he must have thought I was putting him in a carseat or something, but as soon as I started swinging him he LOVED it. This is his second time on a swingset, we went to the park last week and tried out the swings there but their swings aren't really as secure or supportive as this one is.

Kaden hasn't been sleeping well the last couple nights...I'm going to wait a couple more days and make sure he sticks to his regular routine and see if he just had a bad couple nights and it passes. If not I think I'm going to try those Highlands Teething Tablets I've heard so much about...They are supposed to be all natural and completely safe and I've heard so much good things about them...any of you used them before? Kaden seems fine during the day but at night he seems like his teeth may be bothering him...lastnight for example...I breastfed him before bed at 9ish and by 11:30 he was awake again, he wouldn't go back to sleep with his pacifier so I tried feeding him and he didn't want it, I tried sitting him down next to DH with some toys to play while I cleaned up and said goodbye to my girlfriends and he didn't like that either. He had a clean diaper, didn't want to eat and was irritable. I gave him some tylenol and a while later he finally ate some and went to bed but he hasn't been sleeping as well as he had been...so the teeth or a growth spurt are the only 2 things I can think of.

Well, I should go, talk to you all soon.

Old 04-25-2006, 03:21 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Well, Kaden still isn't sleeping well. But yesturday his cheeks and chin were so red and chapped I know it has to be his teeth bothering him. I'm going to go either tonight or tomorrow to get those Highlands teething tablets and give them a try....anyone else used them or know anyone who has used them before?

Kaden is getting closer to crawling, when he sits he leans to the side and almost gets into the crawling position...except one of his legs always gets stuck underneath him, then he tries his darnest to rock back and forth to get that leg out. I'd say within the next month he should be crawling....but I'm no expert...I'm only saying that because Kierra was crawling at 9 months and Kaden is 8 months and a week tomorrow.

Today Kaden was sitting on the floor playing when I had to go switch the load of laundry. Kierra was eating her snack in the kitchen and the next thing I know is the TV is BLARING and Kierra is crying I run upstairs and Kaden is playing with the remote and giggling...He loves the remote and when he saw it by Kierra's chair (she likes changing the channel to her kids TV stations) he rolled over until he got the remote, and ended up turning the volume as high as it can go, which scared the wits out of his sister. It was kinda funny.

Well, thats all the news here. Hope everyone else is doing good.

Old 04-25-2006, 07:44 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiedy HB User

kierrasmommy,

that's so funny about the remote, Avery did that once too, unfortunatly it was 6am, I was still sleeping and DH was in the washroom. It sure woke me up, and DH thought there was an explosion.

DS is now walking along our table (about 4steps) and from one chair to another. It's amazing. He is also not sleeping well. Last couple of days he's been waking up at
3:30 and won't fall back asleep unless I put him in the swing. I don't know what to do. If I put a pacifier in his mouth, he will wake up agian an hour later. Maybe it's his teeth too, I hope that's what it is.

I never tried the tablets, I just gave DS some tylanol.
That's so cool about the swing attachment. I can't do that since as you remember we don't have a house yet. I really want to get into sawing, but we just don't have the space where I can have all my fabric and needles/pins out w/o having to put it away every night or worry that DS will hurt himself.

Avery does the same thing when trying to crawl, but rather than staying in that position, he immediatly wants to stand up. Yesterday he sat up by himself from tummy positon. I've been trying to show him how and couldn't figure it out myself, and then I saw him on his stomach and then I turn around and he is sitting. I have no idea how he did it, so I can't show him how to do it again. Well, I'm sure he'll figure it out.

I got some jars of meat for him, I'll try to give it to him tonight, I'll let you know tomorrow how he liked it.

Have a good night.

Old 04-26-2006, 11:41 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Hi Kiedy...it seems to just be me and you now...I wonder if everyone else knows we still have a thread...I know the original August Mommies/August Babies thread was on my subscribed list and after they deleted the first portion of our (extremly long) thread it showed up as "closed" in my subscibed list...but this thread was still open, almost as if they closed the original and started a new one with the last page of the previous thread....does that make sense? Anyway...if they just looked at their subscribed thread list they may not have realized this thread is still going.

Not much new, Kaden is still doing the leaning over as if hes going to start crawling thing...he leans over to reach for things and half near gives me a heart attack because i think hes going to do a face plant and cut his lip with his sharp teeth...he already has given himself a fat lip by bumping it against those pearly sharp whites.

Yesturday he tried biting my chin, and today he tried biting the neighbor girls nose (shes 11yrs old) I think he was trying to give kisses really, because he used to give kisses like that before, but now its different with those sharp little teeth pointing out.

I bought those Hylands teething tablets, but I didn't try them yet. Instead I fed Kaden more cereal today than we normally do...he had his regular supper feeding then before bed I had DH feed him some more cereal (although he didn't eat much for him) then I breastfed him both sides so I'm hoping that was enough to get him to sleep a bit longer, he did go to bed an hour later than normal too because we had gone shopping after supper...but he had fallen asleep on the car ride home from shopping so he had a bit of a catnap. If he doesn't sleep better tonight I may try the tablets tomorrow, I'd gve it to him right before bed so that it helps him hopefully sleep better...it even mentioned on the package that you may notice they sleep better because it reduces the teething discomfort...boy AM I hoping.

Well, I should go, with all the running around I did today my kitchen needs to be cleaned so I'll chat with you soon, take care.

Last edited by kierrasmommy; 04-26-2006 at 11:43 PM.

Old 04-27-2006, 11:36 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiedy HB User

You're right, I don't know what happend to everyone else. I guess busy. It's nice that we're still here.

I have been so busy last couple of days, improving the decore on my small balcony. I bought a rug, bamboo blinds that I actually used to line our glass rail. We had no privacy, and the view was of a parking lot, so it looks great. I got the idea from an article I read on line. I also got a small side table (after getting 2 different ones that were too big and had to be returned). I also planted some flower seeds (and tomatoes). I don't know how long I will now have to wait until I see something green. I only did it yesterday, but I've been going on the balcony every couple hours just to see if anything is happening. Talk about impatient. Today I brought them all inside b/c I figure that w/ warmer temp inside they will start growing faster.

Tomorrow we're going away for the weekend, and I expect to see something green in those pots when I get back. lol.

WELL IT FINALLY HAPPEND, Avery is CRAWLING. It happend this morning. I was ironing 2 months worth of clothes (though it felt more like a year's worth), and he was watching the dog sitting on the balcony. Then about 6feet away he saw my PJ on the floor and simply turned around on his fours and slowly started crawling toward it. It was very slow, but he was doing it. THEN, he was able to pull himself up to his feet by the table. Upto this point he could only do it in the crib or next to a chair, since he could grab onto a handle. The table always gave him a hard time, b/c there is nothing to grab onto, but today he did it.
He also sticks his hand up, when I say "give me five". So many changes this past week, I can't believe it. For the past month, nothing was happening, and all of a sudden, he's not the same boy. I wouldn't be suprised if tomorrow he started walking (hee, hee, ok I'd be shocked)

It's already causing problems. While I was working on the balcony, I put him on the rug (about 5 feet away from my lovely plants), 3sec later, I turn around, and he crawled right to them, knocked one over, and dug some soil out of another. No doubt, the seeds fell out, and now nothing will grow there.

Well, it's 10:30pm and I'm pooped. I've been up since 5:30 am this morning, just couldn't sleep. So I've had a really exciting day, hope you get some good sleep tonight. I probobly won't have access to the computer after tomorrow afternoon, so if I don't talk to you tomorrow am, I'll talk to you sunday night.

Last edited by Kiedy; 04-27-2006 at 11:37 PM.

Old 04-28-2006, 04:03 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

S&J HB User

Hello!
I'm still here!
My AF was late and I was panicking that I was pregnant! DH was kind of happy that there was a possibility that we could be pregnant..but thankfully I'm not! I thought I'd be ready but when the realization hit I decided that I was more scared than excited..and last night she came full force!! whew...our plan is to try when Troy is at least a year. I conceived Troy through IUI..so this "pregnancy" would have been a miracle!

Kiedy...Congrats on Avery crawling! I bet it's super exciting!
Troy isn't yet..just kind of rocking and when he gets both feet under him he immediately rolls over! Troy does the "give me five" too! And he's rolling onto his tummy like it was nothing now. I've found him in some cute positions during his nap time. He has 2 top teeth poking through..so he wants to be held a lot more lately!

Joanne..hopefully Kaden will start to crawl sometime soon!
How's dh?

WEll..i better get going dh and I are going to a movie tonight!

Take care and talk to you all soon!
S

Old 04-29-2006, 01:44 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Yaaay for crawling! I have to keep a closer watch on Kaden because he has been getting around alot more but I'm sure its just rolling, I look every few minutes if I'm busy doing something and never catch him doing anything but staring up at me, but he he is always somewhere else when I look. He looks so close to crawling when he leans over from the sitting position and tries to reach for something. I did notice that he has learned to grab onto things and pull himself closer to where he wants to go such as the wall or the chair or anything that will help him move.

Lastnight I tried the Hylands teething tablets and he did sleep about an hour longer...I tried it again tonight so I guess we'll see.

I've noticed the last few days he doesn't nap long at all anymore, I am lucky if he'll sleep for an hour...I wonder if he just doesn't need as much nap time anymore. I think next week I'm going to hold off on his naptime a bit longer by about 1-2 hours and see if that helps...it'll make him sleep better when he naps but also because he is napping later he will last until bedtime without getting that cranky tired period. What I was doing this week is putting him down for a second nap when he hit that second cranky period at around suppertime but only letting him sleep for 20 minutes or so.

Well, I should go I have a friend over, we are playing poker with DHs friends but I lost all my chips already...

Take care, talk to you soon,
Joanne

P.S DH is doing OK for now...but he tends to behave for a bit then screw up then behave for a bit again...its a cycle.

Old 04-30-2006, 09:17 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiedy HB User

Hi guys, I'm back from DH's conference. It was a good break, and the weather was great. Avery is doing something new everyday, I'm just amazed. He started waving now, saying "la la", and will throw his shoe back to me when I throw it to him. I initially tried that w/ a ball, but he would grab it so hard it would always escape his grip. I also started giving him more table food, some fruit and bread, and he is starting to eat it better, though I still have to put the same piece 3 or 4 times into his mouth before he swollows it.

S&J good to hear from you agian. Glad to hear that AF came too. I was supposed to get mine this month around the 27th (that's when I got my first one last month), but still nothing. Maybe I won't get it this month. I'm pretty sure I'm not pregnant though, otherwise I'd worry too.

Kierrasmommy, good to hear that the tablets help. I also went through a period where AVery didn't want to nap in the afternoon and I worried that he didn't need it anymore, but that only lasted for couple of weeks and he went back to it agian. I started puting him to bed earlier, b/c he would start crashing 2hrs before his bed time, and wake up at midnight not wanting to sleep anymore. So I was glad when things went back to normal. I am thinking of puting him to bed earlier, to see if he will sleep longer. He usually naps at 3hr interval, except his bed time is 4hrs after his last nap. So I'd like to move it down by 1hr. Will see how it goes.

Should go a do some unpacking, talk to you tomorrow.

Old 05-01-2006, 05:27 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

Laur77 HB User

Hi guys

I'm here too. I have been reading the posts, but just haven't had a moment to reply. Well it's funny how we all seem to go thru the same things sometimes. I have only had one period so far, but now it has been 37 days since that one! I know it could just be my body still adjusting. Plus, before I got pregnant, my cycles were always quite long (when I wasn't on the pill). I am sure I ovulated, because I always get a little pain in my right side around ovulation time. I wouldn't be concerned except for the last week, I have also been feeling very dizzy, nauseated, and tired (more so than usual). It is probably a "mind over matter" thing, but I asked DH to pick up a pregnancy test on his way home tonight. It's funny, after I mentioned to him that I wanted to test, just to be sure, he started making all these plans for when the baby came! I was like, why are we planning this, I'm probably not. It was cute though. He said he would take paternity leave, as I would not have worked long enough to get maternity benefits. He said that way he would have lots of time to work on his business he is starting up. I laughed!!!! I said, you really think you would have time with a 1 and a half year old and a newborn?!! Anyway, I will keep you updated.

Sounds like everyone's little ones are doing really good! Logan is so close to walking...he walks all around the house, just balancing on furniture as he goes. He has tried to go on his own a couple of times, but falls down. At least when he falls now, he has learned to bend, so he lands on his bum most of the time. It is so amazing to see him change every day.

Have a great day everyone, talk soon!

Old 05-01-2006, 08:06 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Thats great Laur and Kiedy,
I can't wait until Kaden gets into that stage where it just all starts happening. He does stand up next to furniture and his new thing is turning around, we always have our arms close by and he uses them to spin himself around in circles. He also is really getting everywhere now with his rolling and creeping, he has now managed to explore the entire first level of the house.

Laur
You'll have to update us on the test. I still haven't gotten Aunt Flo and am really hoping not to...funny how you don't really realize how much you enjoy the lack of it until it returns...or you know is soon to return.

Kaden is eating more and more table food, I find if I just give him jarred baby food and cereal that he gets frustrated sooner...but if I add a scoop of mashed table food to it, it changes the taste and he loves it so much that I have a hard time keeping pace with him. Tonight he had bits of BBQ pork rib meat (only the parts without the bbq sauce) and I tried to give him peas and carrots jarred food and cereal but he wasn't interested in it until I added some mushroom scalloped potatoes to it and then he devoured it.

Well, I should go, talk to you all soon.
Joanne

Old 05-02-2006, 11:50 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

OK, I officially had the worst night ever! Kaden slept every 2 hours but toward morning it was closer to 1 or 1 1/2 hours...I tried letting him cry it out after the second time he woke up but he just cried and cried and after 40 minutes I couldn't take it anymore so I fed him and put him back to bed. I gave him Tylenol and the Hylands teething tablets and changed his diaper so I don't know why he was like that lastnight at all, other than a growth spurt but that is ridiculus, we all still need sleep. He is fine today so I don't think it is anything else. I just know I am tired beyond belief.

Yesturday I held off his nap by an hour and he slept for 2 hours but he was up by 4pm and didn't sleep again until bedtime so I don't understand it. I'm going to see if Kierra will go for a nap today so when Kaden goes for his we all can catch a bit more sleep.

Well, gotta go, talk to you soon.

Old 05-02-2006, 05:11 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

S&J HB User

Joanne- Maybe he was getting energized from the Tylenol? Troy sometimes will sleep great if I've given him tylenol or somedays he won't sleep. My cousin ( a nurse) said that could be a reason that Troy didn't sleep great one night...(I gave him Tylenol for his teething pain)

Well...my MIL is coming tomorrow so i better get cleaning!
S

Closed Thread