It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2006, 09:35 AM   #1
(female)

amlve HB User
March 2006 Babies cont......

Hi ladies.... where is everyone? Hope everyone is ok. I thought I would start a new thread since its been so long and its soooooooooo far back. LOL.

Ds is doing really good. We're trying to get him on a schedule. Last night he fell asleep at 930, woke up at 330, asleep at 4, and then woke up at 7. YES!!!!!!!!!! Im sooooooooooo excited. Hes done that a few times now. But seems to get all screwed up if hes kept up during is late evening nap. We were having problems with the inlaws just showing up when they wanted, expecting to play with DS. They would show up at 830 at night. So DH laid down the law, no more visitors after 6 pm. And if its a full day visit, DS still goes down for his nap. Im tired of the inlaws trying to be in control of everything. Especially my MIL. Im 28, DH is 31....... we are adults. But I dont think shes figured that one out yet. Its like she thinks we cant make up our own minds or make decisions on our own. I swear. They had a family reunion this past weekend that we didnt go to.My MIL kept saying, "Youre gonna go." And we cant kept saying, "No were not." Well we went to DHs Gramas on Sat. to see some of the family. DHs Grama asked if we were going. I said,"No. We cant make it." And she said,"Really? Karen (MIL) said you were gonna go. She was making you." Oh really? The nerve that woman has....... And the real kicker: When we got home there was a message on our answering machine that said," Hi its Mom. Just seeing if you made it over to Gramas yet." I dont need someone telling me what to do. And then in 2 weeks its the fair. Thats a big deal here in this one horse town. LMAO. Well I have some friends coming from Fresno to go with us. My MIL is going to watch DS (BLESS ME LORD ). She wants me to leave him with her over night so that I can have fun with my friends. I dont think she would wake up to take care of him. Besides she would probably be outside smoking the whole time. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Well enough of that. Thanks guys.

Soooooooooooooo. How are the babies doing? How have they all been after the shots? DS was fussy for about 3-4 days. But hes good as new now. Im sooooooooo sad that hes growing up so fast. In size 2 diapers and 3-6 mon. clothes. Makes me want to cry. Well I better go. I need to put him in his crib. Im doing that for his morning naps. Still dont want him outta my room. But I know that I have to someday.

Take care ladies. (((((HHHHHUUUUUGGGGGSSSSS))))) to all the babies.

Heather

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2006, 12:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

skeetersquirt HB User
Re: March 2006 Babies cont......

Hi There! My computer has been down, but I am up and running now so I am HAPPY!

DS is doing great! I am strictly feeding him breastmilk and he is now over 14 pounds! He was 7 pounds 5 ounces when he came home from the hospital. They are shocked at his gain since he is only eating breastmilk. He is my little piggy! He eats around 5-7 ounces at each feeding!

He does not cry a lot at all. We are also trying to get him on a schedule, but he is doing well at night. I feed him for the last feeding at 11:00..then he wakes at around 2am to eat and them goes until around 7:30am. DH and I have shifts worked out so I have been getting plenty of sleep.

He is wearing size 1 diapers and 3-6 month clothes! He is officially 7 weeks old today...growing up WAY to fast for mommy!

It seems like just yesterday we were all talking about how far off our deliveries were!

Other then this we are doing very well. I have been out and about. He goes for his 2 month shots on May 28th...any suggestions with that one? I am scared to death!

Old 05-08-2006, 02:36 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

hi ladies
amber
i know the agony of having a mil mine babysat for us on saturday night i was so uptight but at least she did the routine i asked her to thank god. sam is sleeping real well from about 8/9pm through till 3/4 am for a feed then through to 6/7/8 am. tonight i am going to try and set his clock a bit better by waking him at 1130 for a feed hoping he will then go all the way through if it does not work i on't wake him again as it is not something i really want to do but my mom suggested doing it the once may set his clock so i will try it. he is having 6 ounce bottles. last week he was 12 pound 2.

skeeter
sam had his injections last tuesday he cried for a short while and so i gave him some calpol (baby paracetamol) and he was fine he did sleep a lot for the next few days but since yesterday he is straight back to his usual alert self. it was not nice to see his little face go purple from crying at the second injection the one for meningitis c, but i know i am protecting him in the long run.

anyone scared of sids? i have this fleeting worry about sids as sam is so precious and i am so scared of anything happening to him i read as well it is more likely to happen between 2 and 3 months right where sam is now i pray my little one is safe forever.

i am taking sam to baby massage tomorrow i will let you know if it is any good.
also are any of you going to start weaning at 4 months?

Old 05-08-2006, 03:19 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

debating HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberlove220199
We were having problems with the inlaws just showing up when they wanted, expecting to play with DS. They would show up at 830 at night.
I hear you on that one!! People don't realize that bed time STARTS at 7 around here (bath time, feeding, rocking, etc) and that she usually goes down at 9:30, at which time I don't want people here. I want to enjoy my evening (wash bottles, do laundry, oh happy joy ) not entertain!

The other night we were supposed to have an afternoon cookout. Well, they didn't even SHOW UP till 7pm! They then proceeded to cook ribs, which takes 2 hours. We didn't eat till 9:30, they left at 10:30, and left ME with the mess!! At one point I thought I had got DD to sleep but she started fussing, everyone jumped at the opportunity to go get her, thinking that if she woke up it must be Ok to socialize. Um, NO. I don't want her out in the noise and the lights getting passed around like a hot potato. Can we say over stimulating? I said no one was allowed to go get her, and next time, they better come over earlier if they want to see her. Dinner time is at 6, bed time is at 7. My house, my rules. I'm sure I'll never hear the end of that one.

Quote:
also are any of you going to start weaning at 4 months?
Nope. Before I had to start supplementing I had planned on breastfeeding exlusively (no solids, as per the American Acadamy of Pediatrics) until 6 months, and then on to 12 months. Now I'm just struggling to get by after having started to supplement. I know a lot of women, who once they start supplementing, end up quitting all together because of supply issues, so I've been pumping and nursing like a mad woman. It's exhausting, but I hope it pays off!

But other then that, she seems to be doing better. We had weight gain issues, but with the few ounces of preemie formula that she's getting she seems to be taking off. We have another weight check on Wed, and I see the lactation consultant tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed.

Last edited by debating; 05-08-2006 at 03:23 PM.

Old 05-08-2006, 03:20 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

skeetersquirt HB User

Weepyone- I am terrified of SIDS. 3 years ago I lost my 3 month old nephew to SIDS. It was horrible. So unexpected. I can't bear the thought of having my baby out of my room because of this.

We have not had the nerve to let anyone babysit for us yet, not even family! They are all begging but we have not said yes yet. It is too scary!

No weaning for me either. I am exclusivly pumping and bottle feeding without supplemental formula and "hopefully" can continue for 6 months.

Last edited by skeetersquirt; 05-08-2006 at 03:27 PM.

Old 05-09-2006, 07:40 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

see i had problems bf because i was ill and that is why sam was delivered by c section urgently and prematurely, so he is being bottle fed although i had a small supply for 3 weeks so he got some breast milk. i notice lots of baby food in the uk starts from 4 months but i just read about some method of weaning where if you start at 6 months baby can eat finger foods and does not need purees.

last night sam fed at 730 and was asleep for 930 i woke him at 1130 for a feed hence he slept till 5am when i fed him he then went hrough till 730 yey hopefully waking him this once has now set his clock. we went to baby massage today it was nice to meet other moms they all bf and seem to look down on me, well it was not my choice not to bf i had planned to bf all through my pg but i did not know i was going to be really poorly and would not be successful, i used to think women who did not bf did not try but everyone at the hospital and my midwife all praised me and said i had tried so hard but it was not working. or maybe they don't look down on me and i just feel like they do because i feel guilty i could not provide for my son.

Old 05-09-2006, 08:03 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

skeetersquirt HB User

Bf is a lot harder then ANYONE ever told me it was. I got infections, then had to go to pumping bottle feeding. Had I not met with the most wonderful lactation consultat ever, I would have just quit all together. One this she told me was that I should never feel bad or inadequate for not being able to feed my son "from" the breast. Not only that but I was not sure if I was able to make enough milk. Luckily I was, but I would not feel bad at all if I had to give him formula.

It seems to come easily for some women, but not me.

Old 05-09-2006, 08:38 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

debating HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by weepyone
or maybe they don't look down on me and i just feel like they do because i feel guilty i could not provide for my son.
That's how I feel now that I have to supplement with formula. My supply was so poor that DD wasn't gaining weight or having wet diapers, and now that she's actually thriving with formula supplement I feel terrible that I can't do it on my own.

Old 05-09-2006, 09:02 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

thanks ladies i suppose i am doing what is best for my baby making sure he gets enough to eat and this happens to be from the bottle at least he got all the milk i had even if it was only 3 weeks worth.

i am off to the church tonight to see about getting sam christened. my mil said when i told her "we don't do that in our family" so i said "well we do in mine and he will be going to church school too" i think she forgets this is my child not hers she can keep her self righteous opinions to herself

Old 05-09-2006, 10:05 AM   #10
(female)

amlve HB User

Good morning ladies........ or late afternoon.....for you UK ladies. LOL.

How is everyone today? Pretty good here in sunny ol California. I had to use the air conditioning yesterday. Hopefully I wont today. UGH!!!!!!!! We pay far too much for electricity. Oh well.

Ds is doing good. I cant believe how much he is growing. I have a question tho........ is anyone having trouble with baby wanting to have tummy time? DS hates to lay on his tummy, so we have to do it several times a day. We have tried the whole toy thing & laying on the floor. Ive tried it in his crib, on my bed. And he still doesnt like it. And Ive noticed that his head is slightly flat. And that freaks me out. I dont want him to end up in one of those helmets. But I cant hold him all day. So Ive been using our front carrier, which he only likes for a while. But he loves it when Daddy wears it. LOL. Im going to get this head rest made by Bobby. Its called a ****** Nest. Soooooooooo hopefully that works. I pointed it out to his doc last week and he said that it wasnt bad and it would straighten out on its own. But Im reading horror stories online. Guess thats what I get for trying to worry myself.

Well no in laws in 2 days!!!!!!!! YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!! Not much to say there, except Im soooooooooooooooo happy. LOL.

And to all of the ladies who have had problems BFing. I completely understand. I pumped until 3 weeks ago. I still get teary eyed wishing he would have BF. But its ok. I know that I am still a good Mommy no matter how he feeds. Some people just think they are superior. And they will never truly get it.

WEEPYONE- Get that baby christened. And dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

Well Im off. DS is starting to get fussy. Oh by the way he slept from 830 till 400 this morning, and then 430 till 730. YAY!!!!!!!!

Heather

Old 05-09-2006, 11:01 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

has anyone given any thoughts to going on holiday/vacation with their baby? i am not sure if i go abroad i would never be able to take a steriliser but i heard you can buy disposable sterile bottles now. i am not sure how ds would manage with the heat or a flight maybe we will take a short break here in the uk but i bet the weather will be crap. anyone got any thoughts on helping me decide what to do for a holiday?

Old 05-10-2006, 06:58 AM   #12
(female)

rooters mamma HB User

My DS has Congenital Torticolis Which is a short muscle in the neck. He keeps his head turned to one side mostly ~ his head is getting a little flat on one side to. We are going to physical therapy and have to do stretching exercises with him. It's difficult.

I am still BF. He eats every hour sometimes But he is now 13 lbs at eight weeks. I am trying to get him to take a bottle of breast milk but he hates it. I want him to take them so mt mother in law can babysit once in a while.

Old 05-10-2006, 08:02 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

MJCota HB User

First off I want to see to you ladies who are BFing, GREAT JOB! I wish I could have done it, but my milk supply never showed up. But I realized it wasn't meant to be and hopefully I can with my next child. All that matters is my child is eating and growing..which he has no problem doing!!!

Ok..I'm starting to think whoever said "When the child sleeps in it's own room in it's own crib, he/she will sleep through the night." Yeah thats crap. LOL. Lastnight we decided to put my ds in his own crib in his own room, he slept from 10 to 130 then 130 to 4 then he work up at 530 for some reason, so I let him sleep with me and he slept from 530 till 9! I don't know, maybe I need to wait and see if it gets better but..I think people have been lying to me! lol.

You ladies have some good size babies. My son is 10lbs 15oz at his appointment last week and he's 9 weeks old today! He's long and skinny though, just like I was when I was little. He's growing out of his NB and 0-3 month onies but his shorts and pants STILL are big on him! Just like another lady mention on a different thread, I do wish they did the clothes by weight and not by age bc they are not so accurate!

My little man got his shot last week and was cranky for three days. I got so flustered bc I couldn't do anything to calm him down. My fil claimed he was acting this way bc out central air broke and he was hot. I'm like "No he just got 4 shots in his little boy..he doesn't feel good and it's comfy in here, I don't need to have the ac on anyways" and he's like "Well he's hot, those shots are not making him fussy". OMG! WHAT A MORON! My in-laws took him Monday to Tuesday and he slept his normal times (the one above) and my fil seems to think he has like a "magic touch" or something. I told him that's Jr's usual sleep pattern but you know he's god and can do everything. Then he told us we need to start puttin him in his own room bc he was sleep better. We were going to try, and we did but he slept the same.

Like I said before, life would be better without in-laws!!!

Weepyone - Defintely get your baby christened! My dh family would never forgive us if we didn't. I feel bad though, I'm not and I'd love if I was so, me, dh and ds were. My dh grandmother made a gown for him so we have to do it no matter what. She doesn't know though that we will be doing it methodist and his family is catholic. Oh well. But do what YOU believe in, don't listen to anyone else!!

Glad to hear everyone is doing pretty well and so are the babies!! Rooters Mama, I hope things get better with baby! My son loves to look to the left but I thought it was normal. He does go to the right once in a while but from what I've learned in my birthing class, babie's natural instanct is to turn it's head to the left then to the right. Idk..confusing! But good luck and I hope things get better.

Well I need to go and pick up my little boy's pictures! I have lots of relatives asking for them! Big hugs for the babies!!!!!!!!

Last edited by MJCota; 05-10-2006 at 03:45 PM.

Old 05-12-2006, 08:20 PM   #14
(female)

amlve HB User

Hello ladies...... how is everyone? Everything is pretty good here. DS is fussy right now. But hes usually napping right now so Im sure hes really tired. UGH!!!!!! Well he stayed with my inlaws yesterday while DH and I went to go do some shopping. It was 94 degrees yesterday!!!!! OH my!!!!!!! So his schedule got all messed up again. Hes just not gonna be a baby that does well with change. And they are watching him next Sat. too. Oh well. I cant stay at home always. Im sure someday he will get used to this. LOL. How are the babies? Hopefully good. Well I bought the ****** Nest for DS. Hopefully it will work to fix that slight flat head. My good friend was telling me that her son had the same problem and it fixed itself. So Ive got my fingers crossed. DD didnt have that. We still put babies on their tummies to sleep back then. Well I better go. I need to fix dinner. DH will be home soon from work. Take care. And Happy Mothers Day if I dont post before then.

Heather

Old 05-13-2006, 12:32 AM   #15
(female)

mamatbg HB User

Hello everyone,
You guys sure have been a blessing to me. My ds is sleeping right now, so I have had a chance to catch up and even post a thread. He is happy and healthy. I am happy, and nervous at the same time. In his first 6wks after birth, my DS has already,dealt with jaundice (3days) back in hospital, 3 separate doc. visits to have his foot pricked to check for more juandice, a 4 day bout with thrush, and a neighbor's loud and raggedy lawn mower that scared him out of his sleep and left him screaming big time, couldn't put him down for the rest of the day. At times it seem really scarey,but I am glad, that I have been with him and caring for him through it all, unlike with my 1st son who was premature and in NICU. I was there alot, but not like i wanted to be.
Enjoy your little blessings!

Last edited by mamatbg; 05-13-2006 at 12:41 AM.

Closed Thread