It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2006, 02:13 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User
Age for Jolly Jumpers

Just wondering what age Jolly Jumpers are recommended for. My son is 3 months and has amazing head control/upper body control. He's too short for his exersaucer but I wondered about putting him in his jolly jumper. We did it at about 3.5 months with ds#1 but then discovered that he had a gross motor delay and needed physio. We were told by both his paed and his PT not to use the jolly as it can affect the development of their legs/feet (causes them to hyperextend their feet) especially in babies who's bodies are not developing symmetrically (ds#1 was very strong in his upper body and also had more strength on his left side than his right).
Just wondered if anyone knew what age "normal" developing babies can go into jolly jumpers?
Thanks

Old 09-09-2006, 02:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User
Re: Age for Jolly Jumpers

hi jordyn
do you mean the door bouncers you attach to the door frame? if so ds loves his and has use dit regularly since 5 months but used less often from about 3.5 months. he thinks he is tigger lol. hope you and your little ones are doing well

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2006, 02:29 PM   #3
(female)

ShanaLeigh HB User

We just gone one for our son last weekend and he turned 4 months on Thursday. He is a little small for it still. The age recommendation on it is 4 months to walking. He just kind of spins around in it now, and he gnaws on the sides of it lol...He looks super cute in it, but like weepyone said, 5 months should be about right, so another month he will be able to have more fun bouncing around. He is at a hard stage right now, he is bored in his bouncer seat and tries to sit up in it, and the swing bores the heck out of him unless he is sleepy..but too small for the jump ups.

Old 09-09-2006, 05:40 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User

Yes Weepy, Jolly Jumper is the brand name I guess and mine actually doesn't go in a door way as it has it's own frame...good thing since I have very few doorways it would work in!!!
I'll guess I'll wait a bit before using it.
Shauna- have you tried an exersaucer? It has more support and usually has toys to play with on the tray parts.

Old 09-11-2006, 07:44 PM   #5
(female)

ShanaLeigh HB User

Hi Jordyn, we are looking to buy one ths weekend. There are so many out there we aren't sure what to get him. Hopefully that will entertain for a little while during the day!

Closed Thread