It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2006, 05:10 AM   #1
(female)

nottsgem HB User
baby uses bottle as comforter at nite

hi if you have read my last thread you will know my lil girl is not an average one year old x she is a good baby x but i am afraid i have got her into a bad habbit , she is nearly 13 month and still wakes around 3-6 times in the night she sleeps in her cot all night which is good but when she wakes i give her a bottle and she will go back to sleep with it x
she is still in my room at the moment due to gettin her room sorted so i never leave her unatended with a bottle but its still tiring x
she has a good bedtime routine now which me and my boyfriend have enforced she has tea with us at about 5.30 ish x play for wile then we take her up at seven play on bed then bath and then bed at 8 x she will go in her cot and have a bottle and fall sleep x but she is still wakin up lots during the night x if anyone has any advice that would help or i could try it would be great x x thank you x

Old 10-01-2006, 11:27 AM   #2
(female)

lesleykev HB User
Re: baby uses bottle as comforter at nite

hi gem
i read your last post and just spotted this one
have you tried a dummy or special blanky to take the focus of the bottle .
might work might not as ive had no experience with this i dont know but its worth a shot to help you get some sleep.
good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2006, 03:04 PM   #3
(female)

nottsgem HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesleykev
hi gem
i read your last post and just spotted this one
have you tried a dummy or special blanky to take the focus of the bottle .
might work might not as ive had no experience with this i dont know but its worth a shot to help you get some sleep.
good luck
hi thanks for that message mia used to have a dummy but has sort of groen out of it her bottle is the only thing she uses at nite to help her sleep and of course her winnie the pooh x i dont just give it to her through the day if she is crying its just at nite x im hopin she will grow out of it as i wean her off her milk its just a hard thing to know what to do x x

Old 10-01-2006, 04:32 PM   #4
(female)

lesleykev HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottsgem
hi thanks for that message mia used to have a dummy but has sort of groen out of it her bottle is the only thing she uses at nite to help her sleep and of course her winnie the pooh x i dont just give it to her through the day if she is crying its just at nite x im hopin she will grow out of it as i wean her off her milk its just a hard thing to know what to do x x
i would imagine it would get better as she is weaned off milk i can imagine how tired you are our four month old son refuses to sleep on his own in his own bed so he sleeps beside me being cuddled most nights but we are starting to fix that now .
i really do hope your little one sleeps better soon .
keep me posted and good luck again

Old 10-02-2006, 04:15 AM   #5
(female)

nottsgem HB User

Quote:
i would imagine it would get better as she is weaned off milk i can imagine how tired you are our four month old son refuses to sleep on his own in his own bed so he sleeps beside me being cuddled most nights but we are starting to fix that now .
i really do hope your little one sleeps better soon .
keep me posted and good luck again
mia used to do that with me x x and my boyfriend slept downstairs x she dont do it anymore x we have been to hospital today because mia,s pedeotrition refered herfto have her eyes tested x found out she is long sighted bless her x they got to keep a real close eye on it she may need glasses x anyway talk soon love gem x

Old 10-02-2006, 03:18 PM   #6
(female)

lesleykev HB User

aww poor mia
i know i hate my glasses and im fully grown cant imaginee how annoying it would be to a baby
our little boy nathan just got over and infected toe but is doing fine now aoppart from being very clingy still
talk soon lesley xx

Old 10-03-2006, 04:14 PM   #7
(female)

youngmom_2 HB User

As long as the bottle doesn't have milk or juice it will not cause tooth decay and if you are in the room with her just give her water in a bottle and listen closely to make sure she doesn't choke. We did this with my son and he weaned himself off of it because he didn't want the water anymore. He never threw fits about it though. Good luck!

Old 10-05-2006, 04:56 AM   #8
(female)

lesleykev HB User

hi gem hope all is we;ll with little mia and the bottle issue is gettin easier
lesleyx x

Old 10-05-2006, 07:07 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

We have the same problem. Ds is 16 months old, I know I know, way too old, lol. The main reason i havent' quit giving him the bottle is because he is so hard to get to eat, and I know that at least he is getting milk! But he gets up about three times every night. It's horribly annoying. And he does sleep with me, but that doesn't bother me. LesleyKey, maybe I am dumb, but what do the X's mean?

Old 10-07-2006, 04:45 AM   #10
(female)

nottsgem HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngmom_2
As long as the bottle doesn't have milk or juice it will not cause tooth decay and if you are in the room with her just give her water in a bottle and listen closely to make sure she doesn't choke. We did this with my son and he weaned himself off of it because he didn't want the water anymore. He never threw fits about it though. Good luck!
hi thanks for the message x i mite try that this week with boiled water instead x so she is not relyin on her milk so much x she is teethin also at min so maybe havin her bottle is helpin her teethinx x x i just know if you mention to docs etc they think its really bad that baby has bottle as a comforter x x
hope your okay anyway and ill let you know how i go on this week x xlove gem x

Old 10-07-2006, 04:50 AM   #11
(female)

nottsgem HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cattieos
We have the same problem. Ds is 16 months old, I know I know, way too old, lol. The main reason i havent' quit giving him the bottle is because he is so hard to get to eat, and I know that at least he is getting milk! But he gets up about three times every night. It's horribly annoying. And he does sleep with me, but that doesn't bother me. LesleyKey, maybe I am dumb, but what do the X's mean?
mia had alot of problems from birth so is on high calorie milk so im a little nervous to wean her off it at nite yet x xi mite start trin her with boiled water and see if its the bottle as a comforter she wants or the milk x x
i think some times you do what is best for you to be able to get some sleep as long as baby is safe and well x she never uses it in day as a comforter so thats not an issue x i just kinda want a full nites sleep ha ha maybe im just bein picky x x good luck wit your lil one x love gem x x

Old 10-07-2006, 04:55 AM   #12
(female)

nottsgem HB User

Quote:
aww poor mia
i know i hate my glasses and im fully grown cant imaginee how annoying it would be to a baby
our little boy nathan just got over and infected toe but is doing fine now aoppart from being very clingy still
talk soon lesley xx
she was ace she just laughed having her eyes tested x they said she is long sited and we got to keep a close eye on it to make sure she dont start skinting x x im sure she will be fine x i just worry we she goes school she may get picked on i know she is only one and im bein silly but like she cant smile and may have glasses x it just worries me a bit ha aha x she is a tuff lil nut anyway x hope your lil man is okay x love gem x

Old 10-07-2006, 06:50 AM   #13
(female)

lesleykev HB User

hi gem
thats great that she was ok at sight test
but not so good that your so worried but hopefully the worry will have been for nothing
by the way forgot to say b4 mia is a lovely name and sure she has personality to match

Closed Thread