It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2006, 01:14 PM   #1
(male)

YoungLife HB User
3 month old with pneumonia

We brought my DD to the hospital to have some rashes and cough checked out, next thing i know were in ER and a bunch of Dr.'s are putting needles and IV's and tubes all into her. They took an x-ray and found some spots on her lung and said she has a pheumonia, they gave her anti-biotics to take for 9 days along with tynolol for her fever, the rashes went down but her temp. is still around 101.5 It was the most dredful day in my life watching them poke my daughter with needles all day, she cried so hard and looked so hurt i wanted to just die, i started hateing the Dr.'s ha.
well they sent us home and now we cant sleep cause were monitering her, i just feel uncomfortable giveing her 2 different ant-biotics nad tynolol at the same time.Even tho the Dr. said its alright, it feels like were drugging her up at such a young age. Anyone have had this happen and how long does this last?

worried parents.

Old 10-01-2006, 02:54 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Sherbet HB User
Re: 3 month old with pneumonia

Oh no...! What a shame you have to experience this and with your dd still so young. I can only imagine what you are going through, it is hard seeing your baby unwell.

Try to remember that the anti-biotics are there to make sure your baby gets well, pneumonia is very serious and I'm glad your doctors are treating it as such by covering bases and prescribing broad spectrum penicillans. your dd will need lots of mummy and daddy cuddles while she is feeling poorly.

I am thinking of you all. It won't be long before she will be well again

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2006, 09:32 PM   #3
(male)

YoungLife HB User

thanks, we are giving the anti-biotics Clindamycin, Vantin and tynolol for her fever. It scares me to death giving all 3 at once seems too much, plus she crys alot, coughs like shes choking and gets lazy sometimes. Is it ok for a baby this young to have this infection? we have not slept much for 2 days and sick to our stomachs worrying about her. We got so worried earlier we called 911 cause her breathing pattern was real odd to us breathing heavy than rapid, paramedics tested her and said her lungs are clear and she seems fine, but thats how far our worryness is being now.

Old 10-02-2006, 03:07 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Sherbet HB User

well done on phoning the paramedics!!!! You can NEVER be too careful when it comes to a little baby.

Remember to keep checking on her and look for any blueness of her lips. This will be the first indication that she isn't getting enough oxygen in her system. Oxygen is the essence of life and with continued low levels this can sometimes cause hypoxia which is lack of oxygen to the brain.

This will be a scary time for you two. But since you have a really good eye for when she is not doing to well, I'm sure things will go ok.

I'm sure she won't be "lazy", she's very sick and so will be tired. I went to hospital with pneumonia a few years back and it knocked me completely! I was in hospital for 4-5 days and that's with an adult immune system. A 3 month old baby has 35% of an adults immune system and that's if you're breastfeeding. It will be less if bottle feeding. Her little immune system will be in overdrive which will make her even more tired.

Don't feel bad about giving her all of the medicine. She will be a LOT worse if you don't give it to her. They all play their part in making her get better...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, you are in my thoughts.

Old 10-02-2006, 03:43 PM   #5
(female)

dragonsbeauty HB User

What kind of rashes are they? My daughter has a slight cough, and she just started out with these bumps. They're not red, but they are there, you can feel them. Also, I have to consider someone else washed her clothes last, and I put her clothes on her, and she just developed this rash since then. So I dont know.

Old 10-02-2006, 07:33 PM   #6
(male)

YoungLife HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsbeauty
What kind of rashes are they? My daughter has a slight cough, and she just started out with these bumps. They're not red, but they are there, you can feel them. Also, I have to consider someone else washed her clothes last, and I put her clothes on her, and she just developed this rash since then. So I dont know.
They were all red like an allergic reaction. Maybe yours is eczema?

Old 10-03-2006, 10:48 AM   #7
(female)

dragonsbeauty HB User

ooo I dont know. I know her daddy, has this pimple thing he has had it all his life. His dad has it and so does his brother, maybe that is what it is.. but its on her belly too. Only in places where I put those clothes on her. Maybe its an allergic reaction to the detergent.

Closed Thread