It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2006, 04:01 PM   #1
(female)

Tear_Drop HB User
Question has your baby ever been scared of random things???

I have a 6 1/2 dd and over the past few days she has started to be scared of things that she was never scared of before... for example one of my friends dog's it's a little yorkshire terrior and she used to be really curious of her, but all of a sudden she has started shaking when she's around this dog.
I have NEVER left her alone with the dog so it's not like the dog has nipped her or anything either.

In her bedroom she has a few soft toys and tonight after her bath she just kept looking at them and clinging on to me
I took her out of her room and took the soft toys to her one by one so i could eliminate the scary one but she was fine with them all. There are a few other things she's become scared off like hats.

When i say scared I mean shaking and crying really horrible frightned - it's not nice.
She doesn't seem to have nightmares she sleeps quite soundly and she's not scared of loud noises like fireworks it just seems to be random things..

Has anybody else had anything like this happen? Do you think it's just a phase

Old 11-12-2006, 04:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sobannon HB User
Re: has your baby ever been scared of random things???

Dalton for the longest time was terrified of stores, any kind, and the bigger the store was, the more scared he became (imagine what a nightmare Walmart was). Now he is okay with it, but this went on for months. He also used to love the music at church and loved it when I would dance with him and sing to him. Today, he freaked out, squawling uncontrollably until I walked him out of there. What the heck? Who knows. I think it is just a phase, like everything else.

Amy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2006, 06:13 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Sherbet HB User

our dd was terrified of dh when he put on a baseball cap... it was as if she didn't know who he was all of a sudden. We had to introduce her to the cap and have her play with it with all of her other toys. She's ok now but when it happened I felt so sorry for dh, he was devestated.

Old 11-13-2006, 06:20 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

2fst HB User

DS as a baby freaked over the sound of velcro. He also jumped a mile whenever DH blew his nose. He would smile at everyone but I had one aunt (who even looks similar to my mom) and he would cry when he saw her. Who knows what goes through there minds. Now he loves to open and close the velcro straps on his shoes.

Old 11-13-2006, 11:57 AM   #5
(female)

Angellica HB User

all of a sudden the Swifter Sweeper and the Vaccuum~

OH...this one was terrible.....his grandfather!!!!!! My husband's father!!!
He would scream the entire time we visited.......not sure why??????

This happened from about 6 months -1 year, now he is 18 months and
is MUCH better~

Last edited by Angellica; 11-13-2006 at 12:00 PM.

Closed Thread