It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2006, 06:37 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

KeltoKel HB User
Diapers - what am I doing wrong?

Gosh, I am such a beginner! I have two packs of Huggies infant diapers and I swear, not one dry outfit all day yesterday! Is it a boy thing, or is it the brand? I didn't seem to have this problem with the Pampers I used at first.
It amazes me how the penis is in the front of the baby but their backs is what ends up soaked!!! What gives?

Old 11-20-2006, 07:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User
Re: Diapers - what am I doing wrong?

not sure i have always used huggies with ds and never had any leaks ever

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2006, 07:38 AM   #3
(female)

newg HB User

We use pampers swaddlers and they work really well. We hardly ever have leaks.

Old 11-20-2006, 08:03 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User

Sometimes it isn't the diaper it's the boy!!! Both my boys are/were famous for having a dry diaper and wet outfit!!! I think a lot of it has to do with ensuring the penis is pointing down and not to the side. Otherwise they pee around to the side and it goes out and around to their back.

Old 11-20-2006, 09:02 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User

Prior to DS's birth I went out and picked out several packages of the cutest diapers -- all huggies. Ended up giving them away to a coworker whose used them, loved them and didn't have any problems, although she would end up buying a size larger.

We ended up using pampers swaddlers and cruisers. I could even use store brand ones as long as they had elastic in the legs and wasteband, but could never ever use huggies. He'd end up sopping wet.

Old 11-20-2006, 02:31 PM   #6
(female)

sdjansen HB User

I only use pampers, I cant stand huggies.They dont fit right and they leak and they are more exspensive. I actually got a pack of them once that none of the diapers had the sticky on them so I couldnt attach them to my son. i complained and they sent me a voucher for $6.00 dollars off which I never used because I hate huggies. I went from swaddlers to cruisers to baby dry.

Old 11-20-2006, 04:02 PM   #7
(female)

mrzshorty HB User

We use pamper swaddlers for my 3 mo. DD and crusiers for my 17 mo. DD. Never have liked any other brand. IMHO pampers are the BEST!!

Melissa
Sara, DD 4 1/2
Emily, DD 17 mo.
Abby, DD 3 mo.

Old 11-20-2006, 04:23 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

*Stace* HB User

Definitely make sure the penis is pointing down. Even so, it's very possible it's the diaper....I tried Huggies and didn't like 'em at all, we ended up with a few wet outfits with them and they just never seemed to fit DS quite right.

Old 11-20-2006, 05:48 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

debating HB User

Have you thought of cloth diapering? I have yet to find a disposable that fits my girl. We ALWAYS had poopy blow outs, no matter what we tried. I find with cloth it's much easier to customize the fit and absorbency, and I haven't had a leak since switching.

Plus, there are so many schnazzy and cute diapers these days, they're irresistible! SO many cute colours and patterns!

Old 11-20-2006, 09:24 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

MissT HB User

I think I've tried almost every brand out there. Name brand to store brand. Boys are so hard to deal with!

I didn't care for huggies much at all wasn't so much a problem with leaks but in the mornings they would be "gelified" after a night of sleeping...disgusting mess!
Pampers were better but not much.

I now use the ones dollar general sells. They are a little cheaper but thats not why I get them. SO FAR *knock on wood* we haven't had any diapers like that with these and no major leaks even after a whole night! The only thing I don't like about diapers (almost all brands now) is the lack of fasteners. The velcro thing is great for a baby that can't figure out how to undo the diaper but once they get that down and if they move a lot the diapers seem to come off.

Old 11-20-2006, 10:06 PM   #11
(female)

Faythey HB User

I've tried huggies, pampers, luvs, and now I'm using the Target brand.

The luvs I really hated, no elastic in the sides. With the huggies, pampers and target brand I've noticed no difference. DS leaks out of all of them, and has "poopy explosions" (lol, that sounds so much better than it really is ) .

Old 11-21-2006, 02:39 PM   #12
Inactive
(female)

KeltoKel HB User

It is funny how many have mentioned that Huggies are their least favorite. I am trying to point the penis down and have noticed a slight difference. Thanks for your input everyone!
My mom went and bought me a large pack of Huggies today - just to be helpful. Oh well! I will still use them. Good thing we have a washing machine.

Old 11-22-2006, 05:31 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

2fst HB User

I love huggies and do not like pampers. Pampers never seemed to fit DS just right. But DS has very narrow hips and a skinny little butt. Huggies give him the best fit. I use huggies supreme for at night and never got a leak. Now huggies put out these new things and DS does pee right on out of them. Pointing his penis down helped but you have to make sure you "fix" it again after every nap. Or it is going to be pointing anyway but down again. DS was famous for peeing clear out of a diaper and never hitting the diaper. My cousin swore the answer to this problem was buying diapers one size bigger.

Old 11-27-2006, 04:53 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

I like hte Babies R US brand and the parents choice from wal-mart.
When DS first came home, we were using vaseline on his cirucmision and sometimes for diaper rash and we noticed that when that was in his diaper they leaked more.

Closed Thread