It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2007, 09:59 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

worrywort HB Userworrywort HB Userworrywort HB User
Help! my baby drank old formula

O.k as I was making my dd a morning bottle I gave her, her old one to keep her busy, mind you she cannot feed herself yet but I look back and she had drank the rest of her bottle from 5am 3 hours ago! about an ounce. So I am happy she can now feed herself she drank old milk! I am now worried!
help please
Carly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2007, 10:04 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User
Re: Help! my baby drank old formula

No worries...especially when it was only that amount. I did some reading on this the other day and breast milk is supposed to good for up to 6 hours out of the fridge and formula even longer. Supposedly, I might add. I don't think I'd leave it that long but I will go well over an hour with either one.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2007, 05:39 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

I don't think it's the end of the world if it's sat out a while and she drank it. When we first started doing bottles (after an illness that prevented me from BF anymore) we were making them one at a time and baby was drinking an ounce, sleeping 20-40 minutes, eating an ounce, sleeping, etc. We didn't make only an ounce at a time but instead made 3 or 4 ounces and let her drink it at her leisure. Sometimes it took three hours... I know that it's not recommended to do that, but it worked at the time. (Now she gulps down 4 oz. at a time and we make 6 bottles up in advance and store them in the fridge).

Don't sweat it!

Old 01-29-2007, 08:07 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

worrywort HB Userworrywort HB Userworrywort HB User

Thanks ladies! I feel better now, she is happy as can be, I thought maybe she would get the runs or something but she didn't. The good news is she is feeding herself now! I am so excited!

Closed Thread