It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2007, 09:23 AM   #1
(female)

kellie84 HB User
Green grey poop?!?!?

My DS has green-grey poop! Is this normal? Should I be concerned? He has always had trouble passing a BM too. I switched formulas a few weeks ago and it still hasn't helped.

Old 06-14-2007, 11:37 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

sarawithnoH HB User
Re: Green grey poop?!?!?

That sounds about normal for a formula fed baby. Most of the time they will have constipation problems, too. If it's really bad, you can give him 1 oz prune juice mixed with 1 oz of water. My dd won't drink it that way. I usually just replace an oz of water with prune juice when I mix a bottle. I've been told that Karo syrup works, but it's never worked for my kids.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2007, 12:13 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

gemmalou HB User

my boy arrived on the 6th of april so he is around the same age and his poops are the same, how often does he go? ive been told that around once a day is normal. hope this helps

Old 06-14-2007, 02:47 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

mjbrandon HB User

Just wanted to give you some other info.

It is hard to know if it is the same color, but my daughter started pooping greenish gray (I called it army green), and was constipated. When she would go, it was a bit runny and she went A LOT!

I kept asking everyone if this was normal, and they all said yes. Well, I went to the pediatrician with Aubrey Ann, and she had a BM while we were there. The doc said that the color was "a bit off", but she was more concerned with how runny it was. She said it was borderline diahrea and she said it was due to a formula intolerance. (She had already been switched to soy formula). So she said to switch to Hypoallergenic formula. Now Aubrey Ann's poops are a dark green, and a lot less runny.

Just a warning that it might not be normal. I know it sounds gross, but you could save a diaper with a BM in it and show your pediatrician.

Hope that helps!

Closed Thread