It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2007, 12:04 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

JuniorsMommy929 HB User
5 month old covered in red bumps

so last night my son started with little red bumps all over his belly and back,today we took him to the doc they said it is just viral and it will probably get worse then go away, and they cant do anything about it, it dont act like it bothers him at all but it dont look pleasant, it is starting to go on his face and all, anyone else had any problem like this?

Old 08-21-2007, 01:10 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

morrisun HB User
Re: 5 month old covered in red bumps

My daughter had that happen when she was a baby. They said it was caused by the same reason your son's Dr. said. They went away fairly quickly. She looked horrible, but it didn't appear to bother her. Good luck
PCOS

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2007, 06:44 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

Funny you mention this -- I just had my 9 month old at the doctor for this today!

It started on 6 days ago with a bout of diarreha for 1 day. Then, two days later fever of 102.5 to 104. Doctor's office initially told me to alternate motrin and tylenol. Fever went up to 104 over the weekend, so to the ER we went. All they did there was give her higher doses of motrin and tylenol.

Day 5 the spots appeared (mild) on her trunk and head, and the fever went away. So, after doing some internet research I figured it was classic Roseola. Day 6 starts with the spots the same as the previous day, but as the day progresses they show up on her legs and groin, too, and look much worse when we're running errands and she's in and out of the car on a hot, hot day.

Today I got her in to see the doctor and he said the same thing... probably viral, not measles or meningitis. Especially with the diarreha and fever symptoms (though they appeared separetly)... We go back on Thursday for a follow up and her 9 month wellbaby checkup.

Must be something sweeping across the country. We figured it was totally possible it was measles since she hasn't had the MMR yet and we travelled through the Detroit airport about a week before this started. I'm glad to know it's just viral..

Oh, and otherwise DD is a little irritable and she's decreased her eating by about 50% (solids and formula both).

Old 08-24-2007, 01:02 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

mcr285 HB Usermcr285 HB User

my kids go through this probably once a year, sometimes twice.... it's generally viral, but on one occasion my younger daughter had strep with a similar rash, so if it doesn't clear, you might ask your doctor to do a throat culture. hope it gets better

Closed Thread