It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2007, 06:15 AM   #1
(male)

jarcnash HB User
Infant Vaccinations

I really concerned about my child receiving vaccinations. He has already been through two sets of shots. Hep B, Teatnus shots, pollo. etc. I've been reading a lot of things on vaccinations relating to autism. Is it only the MMR shot? I've been looking for hard facts and percentages of children that have caught dieases that did not get the vaccinations. What is everyones thought on this? Any good links that I could read on both sides of the spectrum shots or no shots?? Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2007, 07:32 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

liloulou HB User
Re: Infant Vaccinations

I posted about this subject about a month or so ago if you want to look up the discussion.
That's a good point! What is the percentage of kids who ended up with autism, and delayed or didn't get certain vaccines??? Let us know if you find anything about this.
Personally, I don't know from my research if it's the MMR shot, mercury, environmental factors, etc... or all of the above. My DD will have all of her shots, but on a delayed schedule over about 4 years.
I will also request that all shots be free of mercury and perhaps break up the MMR shot.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2007, 12:21 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

KeltoKel HB User

You may want to check out the autism board. Many of the people on those boards have a lot to say about this subject and believe it or not, feel their child's autism is not necessarily linked to vaccinations.

Old 10-30-2007, 03:33 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tiff24 HB User

There is so much talk about vaccinations and autism that I talked to my sons dr. about it at his last check up, which was last week. I know his dr. personally so I know she wasn't lying to me. There is no mercury in vaccines anymore. (Except the flu shot) There is no link between the MMR vaccine and autism. She made a comment that it makes her sick that people go on TV and give their PERSONAL OPINION and do not discuss facts. The fact is that there is NO scientific study that proves that there is a link between any vaccine and autism. They (scientists) believe that something (environment factors etc) trigger the "autism gene" and parents tend to notice it around the time of the MMR vaccine. Hence the reason many parents are nervous about giving this particular vaccine. My sons dr. said it a lot better than me but that's the jest of it. With all the talk about autism it's no wonder so many parents are scared about giving vaccines!

Old 10-31-2007, 08:05 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Heyknack HB User

Yes, I just had to agree with the previous poster, there is no mercury in vaccines (at least at my ped's office--worth it to ask though). It can't hurt to space out the vaccines a little but that's your decision.

DD, conceived after infertility (3rd IUI), Born July 2007
Baby #2, conceived naturally! EDD March 16, 2009

Old 10-31-2007, 10:42 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

kittyroo HB User

I will be doing the delayed schedlue over the 4 years or so. I also didn't see a need to vaccinate my newborn against what is largley an STD. Hep b.

Old 11-02-2007, 08:44 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Heyknack HB User

Almost all vaccines have been changed and there are new vaccines. And mercury (or thimerosal) was removed if it was even in the vaccines, in 2000 and 2001. Check out the FDA US Food and Drug Administration website on vaccines and Thimerosal in vaccines.

DD, conceived after infertility (3rd IUI), Born July 2007
Baby #2, conceived naturally! EDD March 16, 2009

Last edited by moderator2; 11-02-2007 at 09:07 AM. Reason: please do not reply to or make reference to posts that are in violation of the posting policy

Old 11-02-2007, 09:00 PM   #8
(female)

StaceyLee HB User

There are still traces of mercury and thimerasol in some vaccines. It's a small enough amount that it doesn't have to be listed, but it still has a harmul effect. Mercury is the 2nd most toxic chemical! Alls I can say is if you are going to vaccinate, please do your research fir stand make an informed decsion. The ingredients alone are enough to make me anti vax, and it's not just autism that is a 'possible' side effect but many other reasons. Most of these diseases are NOT deadly and treatable! I'd take the risk from the actual disease first, than a side effect from the vaccine.

Like the chicken pox, if you get the chicken pox naturally you have a lifelong immunity from it...with the vaccine you need to keep getting boosters for it, and even still the vaccine is not 100% guarantee you won't get it.

Old 11-16-2007, 09:40 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User

This is a tough subject. For the first year of my daughter's life she received all of her shots. I have always refused the flu shot though. What concerns me is that you are somewhat forced to have shots because schools require them to start in some of the states and I believe that is unfair. As for the flu shot, it does contain mercury, aluminum, formaldehyde and is grown in tissues from moneys organs, chicken embryo, and dissected organs of humun aborted fetus. I believe in building your own natural immunity and if you do so, you will NOT get sick. Why is there this sudden fear of getting the flu? My daughter is now 19 months and she has never been sick since the day she was born, and I also took her out everywhere with me since she was born too. I also ever get sick, the flu shot is not needed, you can look up information about this for yourself. I intentionally build my own immunity and isn't it a miracle that we both do not get sick? When I do feel something come on, for myself or my daughter I use humidity because dry air harbors the virus. I also use a saline nose spray just before bed and rest and eat plenty of nutrionally dense foods and when we wake up, any inkling that there was a cold coming on has dissapeared!

Mercury is also called thimerosal. If you want to really learn about vaccines DO NOT go to the FDA, CDC, or any government site looking for answers, I would also not depend on a medical doctor either, as some get kickbacks for prescribing and recommending drugs, and in that profession it is what they do. You don't go to a doctor and walk away with just advice on how to keep yourself healthy or natural therpies to relieve a cold like humidity, exercise, proper diet, you get vaccines and medication. You need to look elsewhere. If you think about it, the drug companies and government do not want you to know the truth or play off any side effects because they are responsible if something does go wrong. You don't hear the bad stories and you are not presented with the facts and ingredients because they don't really want you to know. My point is, look up the information yourself and get both sides of the story and make your own informed decision.

Old 11-16-2007, 11:09 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User

When the CDC did a study to find a link between vaccines, mercury, and autism they studied children in European countries where they use even smaller doses of thimerosal and they also studied children who were too young to be diagnosed, therefore concluding there is no link. Americans recieve higher does of thimerosal in vaccines. I the state of Iowa where I am from originally from saw the rise in autism was 700% in the 1990's and that was at the same time our recommened/required vaccines for children increased. Last year, Iowa became the first state to ban mercury in any vaccine, however, I am unsure if that includes the flu shot. I hope this helps in your decision, or your research of whether or not to vaccinate your child.

Closed Thread