It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2007, 09:12 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brooke85 HB User
Need help choosing a double stroller

I can't decide between the Joovy sit-n-stand stroller or the Graco Quattro double stroller...My daughter will be turning 2 right when the new baby is born and I don't know which stroller would be more appropriate.

If anyone can offer any advice on either of these two strollers it would help alot! I still have 3 months until the baby comes, but I'm just trying to figure everything out now.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzygirl HB User
Re: Need help choosing a double stroller

I just got the Graco Quattro double stroller for my 2 1/2 year old and infant, and I hate it! But I know lots of mom's that don't. The basket already ripped on the bottom, and it's almost impossible to turn. We also can barely fit it int he trunk, and we have a large Jeep. I can't wait till dd can sit up well enough to get the side by side Macleran double stroller, but I have to use this one till she's out of the car seat, ebacsue it's just easier to keep her in this one for now. I have heard of the Joovy stroller, but have no experience with it...........I suggest you try each out at the store.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2007, 11:51 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

athome1 HB User

I totally agree with dizzygirl. I do have both and hate the graco stroller. The Joovy stroller is great. It also is helpful b/c as your 2 year old gets to be 3 and 4, they start to look a bit too big for the Graco stroller. With the Joovy stroller, they can stand in back and it's much easier to maneuver. Make sure you get one with cup holders!! I miss them so much b/c I made the mistake of getting the one w/o them.

Old 11-30-2007, 03:08 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brooke85 HB User

Oh and I forgot to ask...what type of infant carseat do I need that will work with the Joovy. It says universal, but wanted to make sure. I actually already bought the Graco infant Safeseat and was hoping this would work with it??

Old 11-30-2007, 04:23 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

athome1 HB User

Yes it will, I use the same seat myself

Old 12-04-2007, 12:10 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

I don't know about the 2 specific seats you mentioned, but when we were looking for style of double stroller, we considered the sit/stand on the back for the toddler and decided that our 2-year-old would hate not being able to see. The sit/stand ones usually face backwards. She wasn't old enough to stand and stay put for very long. I didn't want to buy one new since this is our last baby, so we were limited on our choices of specific strollers, but decided to go with the seat behind the seat, lay the baby in the back seat (the ones that accomodate the infant seat are too big and bulky for our vehicle, another concern), and put DD2 in the front seat so she can see. When the baby's old enough to sit up on his own and stay awake for a shopping trip, we'll move him to the front and DD2 can still see over the front seat. When DD2 is old enough to stand and be trusted not to get down and walk away, we'll just go back to our single stroller for the baby and let her walk. I guess you just have to assess your needs, your toddler's preferences and personality, and if it will be easy enough to get into and out of your vehicle.

Old 12-04-2007, 03:18 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

athome1 HB User

I wanted to add a thought to the last post Just keep in mind that your toddler may not fit in the backseat. This is another reason we can no longer use it. My 2 year old is small for his age. He'll be 3 in March and still wears 18 months! He cannot fit comfortably in the stroller by graco, Especially in the back. If you think your older one is getting tall, you might try it out in the store first!

Old 12-05-2007, 01:28 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

mcr285 HB Usermcr285 HB User

we got the joovy sit and stand, and LOVE it! my oldest is almost 4 now, and my youngest is almost 2, and we've been using this stroller since my youngest was born! it worked great with our infant carrier, and works great now for both my girls. even when my oldest was just 2, the sit and stand was perfect for her because she could sit on her bottom, or kneel on the seat if she wanted to look forward, or she could stand up. the one issue we had with this stroller is that the toddler seat slides back and forth, and made it difficult for my daughter to stay put.... but we solved that by tying a bungee around the edges of the seat and locking it to the stroller frame so now the seat doesn't move at all.

anyway, it's a great stroller and one that i recommend to all my friends!

Last edited by mcr285; 12-05-2007 at 01:28 PM.

Old 12-05-2007, 01:31 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

mcr285 HB Usermcr285 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aelliott View Post
I totally agree with dizzygirl. I do have both and hate the graco stroller. The Joovy stroller is great. It also is helpful b/c as your 2 year old gets to be 3 and 4, they start to look a bit too big for the Graco stroller. With the Joovy stroller, they can stand in back and it's much easier to maneuver. Make sure you get one with cup holders!! I miss them so much b/c I made the mistake of getting the one w/o them.
i don't think they sold them with cup holders when i got mine!

but most baby stores will sell cup holders you can attach to your stroller - we got ours at babies-r-us and they work well enough (i'd prefer a cup holder tray where i can throw all my extra stuff, but what can you do???).

Last edited by mcr285; 12-05-2007 at 01:32 PM.

Closed Thread