It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2008, 07:18 AM   #1
(female)

SimpleJoy HB User
Need your opinion. Bottle or Sippy cup

Hi all

I need your opinion. Please tell me what you think. A single line will be fine but please reply. My DD is 4 ½ month old and she has been breastfed till now. Now I want to start her on formula as my milk is drying up and she is waking up every hour at night to be fed. She is refusing bottle at all. In our last visit to her ped., doc said that some babies never takes bottle so we should try giving her a sippy cup.
Now as she has started solid, me and DH has decided to pick a day and force her for a bottle or sippy cup. Please don’t get me wrong here. She is really not getting enough milk from me as her weight is only in 10 percentile and it is also doctor’s suggestion to give her supplement.

Now, my question is should we try giving her bottle or directly sippy cup? I have heard that it also takes time for babies to get rid of bottle. So is she too young for a sippy cup? Or if you think that I should wait for 15 days and try sippy cup later?

Old 03-20-2008, 08:08 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

niknak77 HB User
Re: Need your opinion. Bottle or Sippy cup

If she won't take the bottle, try a sippy cup. Maybe one with the soft spout instead of the harder plastic. My son would only drink from the Nubi cups.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2008, 08:32 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

tlhalabama HB User

When my daughter was 5 months old, she was using a sippy cup at the table when we ate our meals. She caught on really fast.

She would have her bottle at other times during the day but got to where she would pull the nipple out with her teeth. We then went to just the sippy cup.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:37 PM   #4
(female)

Ravishing HB User

My son is 3 months old and we have been trying for a while now to give him a bottle each day so that he will eat when we leave him with a sitter. He is quite stubborn and will not take the bottle at all from anyone. If your daughter is anything like this you may just want to skip to the sippy cup and save the frustration.

Old 03-20-2008, 01:56 PM   #5
(female)

SimpleJoy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravishing View Post
My son is 3 months old and we have been trying for a while now to give him a bottle each day so that he will eat when we leave him with a sitter. He is quite stubborn and will not take the bottle at all from anyone. If your daughter is anything like this you may just want to skip to the sippy cup and save the frustration.
Yup...Seems like my DD is exactly like your DS. And that's what I am thinking to do, skip to the skippy cup but not sure what would be the right age for her to accept the sippy cup. I bought couple of them, Nuby, Nuk, Playtex and Playtex actually recommend the age 4 months.

Closed Thread