It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2008, 07:19 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User
Baby throwing up

my newborn has thrown up twice yesterday and twice the day before. I think the day before he was throwing up because i was being stupid and not thinking i fed him and then put him in a swing that rocked him and may have shook the milk right back up.

Yesterday after leaving the ER he threw up again twice. How often do babies do that i mean he went through about 3 shirts in less than a hour.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:23 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User
Re: Baby throwing up

Is he still pooping and peeing? Is he eating fine now? You mentioned in another post that he was wheezing. Could be when he threw up he aspirated on some of his milk. IMO take him to the doctor, maybe he has reflux...

Also seems a little young to be putting him in a swing... We never used swings, but had one of those vibrating bouncy chairs...

Last edited by Ratatosk; 09-18-2008 at 07:25 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2008, 07:45 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User

He's still eating fine i fed him this morning and nothing came back up yet. Still pooping and peeing. The swing is a little rocker. He just lays in it and it swings him from side to side. The box says from 5 to 25 pounds. he's 7lbs now. The weezing sounds like its not in the chest but more in the nose like something is blocking. when he do cry its still normal and loud as ever no shortness of breath from the mouth but he sleeps with his mouth closed and breathes through his nose.

Im thinking that maybe you are right about throwing up because i didnt start hearing it until after the first tme he threw up.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:08 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User

Oh, I was thinking about those old style swings where they sit up.

Could be his nose is plugged up. Sometimes a couple drops of saline down the nose and the dreaded bulb syringe will do the trick to clear things out. May want to ask your doctor about if you take him in.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:49 AM   #5
(female)

doodlebugsmom HB User

Is he throwing up or just spitting up? If he's actually throwing up, that is not normal and warrants a call to his ped. If he's also having respiratory involvement it could be reflux, a milk allergy or both. My son was vomiting at least half of what he ate every single feeding starting at 3 weeks old. He was vomiting upwards of 15 times a day. He has a milk and soy allergy, as well as reflux. So to stop the vomiting he was put on Nutramigen and for the pain from the reflux he was put on Zantac and thickened feeds. If you're concerned, call the doctor.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:26 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User

my little boy was vomiting some chunky milk for the first couple days but now hes pretty good about holding it down. he still spits up from time to time but its not an every feeding thing anymore. do you bottle feed? when i was still in the hospital the nurses told me that bottle fed babies stomachs need a little time to adjust cuz they are made to digest breast milk not formula. if he has 6-8 wet diapers a day then he is still getting enough to eat but if your concerned call the dr and ask them about it so you dont have to worry

Closed Thread