It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2008, 04:13 PM   #1
(female)

Maven28 HB User
Exclamation Swollen Lymph nodes after MMR shot , 1 year old baby

I know this can be a side affect of the MMR shot. My son had his MMR over two weeks ago. I noticed two swollen lymph nodes on each side of his neck a week after his shots. They have gone down but are not completely gone yet. How long do they stay inflamed? He's my first baby, so I'm a EXTREMELY nervous nelly Mommy Should I bring him in to the Doc, incase he may have some infection ?

Thank you!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2008, 05:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User
Re: Swollen Lymph nodes after MMR shot , 1 year old baby

First of all, if you have not reported this effect from the MMR vaccine, you should look into VAERS- Vaccine Adverse Effect Reporting System.

Lymph nodes may remain swollen or firm long after an initial infection is gone. This is especially true in children, whose glands may decrease in size while remaining firm and visible for many weeks. The role of the lymph nodes is to fight against infection, so being vaccinated this has caused a response against the vaccine. If the swelling or the glands do not decrease in size or continue to stay firm after a month, see your doctor. Has your child been acting differently otherwise?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2008, 05:24 PM   #3
(female)

Maven28 HB User

Other than the swollen lymph nodes he's been his happy camper self, he did have a mild rash appear the week after his shots as well but that dissapeared after a few days.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:52 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User

Sounds like he had a reaction to the live, but weakened virus, that causes the rash, otherwise allergic reaction to the tissues used in the vaccine for growing the virus, sometimes evens the chemicals in the vaccine can come out through the skin, creating a rash. If you are worried about the lymph nodes, you can always take him in to be examined or wait it out another week or two and see if it subsides. Make sure to tell you doctor about the side effects so they can be reported, doing so allows all of us to know how many side effects, deaths, or vaccine injuries these vaccines create.

Closed Thread