It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2008, 01:57 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Gioparis HB User
Can I give my 9 month old a decongestant? experienced moms pls help

I know doctors say its useless....and if misused dangerous...my daughter has had a verrrry bad cough the past 3 days....she is wheezing, isnt eating as much and all..doesnt have a fever and is pretty much as active, but obviously abit more tired and irritable....her nose is running but its all clear...she vomoited a few times and it all seemed mucus and she seemed relieved after...we called the doc he said their is nothing you can do besides the steamer, elevation, liquids etc....but i hate seeing her like this

experienced mums...pls help

Old 12-12-2008, 07:45 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

dina08 HB User
Re: Can I give my 9 month old a decongestant? experienced moms pls help

Sorry to hear about your child. We have been told that you cannot use any medication on this. We have basically had to wait it out when it happens along with using a cool mist humidifier.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2008, 10:23 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User

Most medicines actually interfere with the bodies ability to heal. They only suppress the symptoms your child is feeling anyways, most people don't realize this. You can add essential oils to your daughters bath and steamer such as eucalyptus, bergamot, lavender and peppermint. You can also make a massage oil with jojoba or even olive oil, add some drops of essential oils and massage into your baby. These essential oils are naturally antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal so the body will absorb these oils and they will seep into the bloodstream where they fight off the infection naturally.

Old 12-16-2008, 09:47 AM   #4
(female)

ivana27 HB User

I use Baby Rub from Vicks. You can put a bit on her chest, I heard also about putting it on the sole of her feet to stop the cough. I don't know how, but it seems to work.

Old 12-16-2008, 04:17 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

CBB HB User

My pediatrician prescribed a decongestant called Rondec for my twins' fluid in their ears and runny noses. It seems to be working. They are 8 months old.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:50 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

simplyheather HB User

My doc said I could give my son a little bit of benadryl just like 1/4 of a teaspoon. This just made him super hyper! I don't like putting my son on antibiotics, so we just wait it out... It should clear up within a week!

Closed Thread