It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2009, 06:55 AM   #1
(female)

kollisha123 HB User
what to do about baby throwing up a lot

what to do about baby throwing up a lot

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2009, 01:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User
Re: what to do about baby throwing up a lot

is it like projectile vomiting? is it chunky? my son had that, it was GERD. it usually goes away by about 4 months when they can start eating solid foods. He was put on medicine when he was about 1.5 months old and he stayed on it til he was 3 mos. they also put him on a special formula that helped a lot. he doesnt have it anymore now that hes 7 mos old.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2009, 02:44 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User

It could be a number of different things. Is it a bigger spit up, or is it a "real" throw up? Does the baby seem bothered by it? How old is baby?
My ds threw up a lot (projectile), and the doctor said it was normal baby reflux. He was later diagnosed with a milk allergy, and I'm sure that was a big part of the reason he did it. So it could be some sort of allergy or intolerance. It could also be nothing at all to be concerned about. Anyway, you should probably check with the baby's doctor. Good luck!

Whiskers
Our newest bundle, Brody Anderson! - February 09'

Old 04-24-2009, 09:04 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

teach79 HB User

As everyone has said before, it could be a number of things. My twin boys are 6 months and still spit up a lot and sometimes throw up their entire feeding. We were told it was acid reflux, but since they were happy babies and gaining weight not to worry about it and that they will outgrow it by 1 year. So, I would guess as long as the baby is happy and healthy don't worry about it. We did switch them to Enfamil AR which has an added rice cereal to make the formula thicker. (This is suppose to make the formula stay down better.) This did help, but they still spit up a lot!
Good luck!

Old 04-25-2009, 11:38 AM   #5
(female)

silver22 HB User

My husband had pyloric stenosis when he was a baby. Basically it was a condition where the sphincter (sp?) muscle leading from the stomach to lower intestine closed off, and needed to be corrected with surgery. He is fine now, but they said that our newborn son could have it, so watch for projectile vomiting and dry diapers and no poo. Basically, nothing would be getting past that closed off muscle. They said it would show between 3 and 6 wks of age, our ds is 7 wks, so hopefully we are past the time frame. DH was fed formula as a baby, and I am nursing ds, so maybe that has something to do with it too. Not sure though. Good Luck!

Closed Thread