It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2009, 02:19 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Gioparis HB User
Seperation anxiety, will my 15 month old forget me?

So, My husband and I are going away for nearly 3 weeks, leaving my child with my mother. Its the first time we leave her, except once when she was 3 months old, and she was so young then, I wasnt worried. But now since she clearly knows me...will she forget me? will she be angry I left her?..she loves my mother, so im leaving her in good hands..but besides me worrying about her every second, will she be happy to see me when im back?

Old 05-22-2009, 09:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User
Re: Seperation anxiety, will my 15 month old forget me?

Some toddlers have really bad seperation anxiety. I mean, if mommy leaves, they'll scream and scream for hours. And then others couldn't be bothered by the fact that their mothers have left them (for the time being), because they're too busy doing other things, or socializing with their baby sitter to notice. Where does your baby fit into this spectrum?
I'm sure she won't be angry with you, so don't worry about it. And I'm sure she'll be very happy to see you again, although don't be suprised if she plays shy at first.
It really just depends on the baby--some are very easy going, and hardly give mommy a second thought, and some find it harder to be away. Either way, she'll be ok--I'm sure you'll find it harder than she will.

Whiskers
Our newest bundle, Brody Anderson! - February 09'

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2009, 11:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

marisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB User
Re: Seperation anxiety, will my 15 month old forget me?

What are you leaving for? Is it possible to talk to your daughter via w e b cam? My husband is deployed right now and we each have a laptop with a w e b cam (they're very affordable these days!), and we talk almost every single day on it. I put the baby (10 months old) in front of it all the time and you can tell that she really recognizes her Daddy there! She gets all excited and makes her "Daddy" face. I'm hoping this will help ease his transition back into her life when he gets home. It worked with our other two last time he deployed, but they were 2 and 4 years old, so it was easier.....

Anyway, if you can w e b cam with her, it might help.....

Last edited by marisuela; 05-22-2009 at 11:31 PM.

Closed Thread