It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2010, 05:17 PM   #1
(male)

Poohbeer HB User
Question Baby cold!!!

I NEED SOME ADVICE....MY DAUGHTHER HAS COLD ON HER CHEST.WHATS THE BEST PROCEDURE TO GET THAT OUT OF THE WAY

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2010, 11:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User
Re: Baby cold!!!

Take her to the doctor to make sure there is no infection that she may need an antibiotic for. Other then that, let the shower run for a while and shut the bathroom door. Then take her in there to breath in the steam. This can help break things up a bit. If you want a natural cough syrup, honey and lemon juice works as well as anything over the counter would and in my opinion, tastes a little better. Also, if you live where it's cold, you can take her outside. That fresh cold air works wonders for the lungs. One of mine recently had a nasty chest cold. I thought it was croup. So I took him, in the middle of the night, to the e.r. When we got there he had stopped coughing. the doc looked at him and said it was just a chest cold. I told him he was really coughing and it had almost a whoooping sound at the house. He said because the night air is cold, it helps alleviate symptoms when you take you kids out in it. He said it is a wonderful free remedy for children with chest colds. Hope that helps.
Melissa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread