It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2010, 02:25 PM   #1
(male)

DHO DAD HB User
My 7-month old frequently scratches at table tops, etc.

Hi. I have a 7 month old son. At about 5 months he started lightly scratching at table tops, his mattress, his toys, etc. He uses his left hand more than his right for this. At first we thought it was cute ("something he could do") but it has continued. He does this frequently, though not all the time. But it seems unusual. Also, at about 6 months old he also started kicking his left leg fairly frequently. He also kicks the right leg, but more often it is the left. Again, at first we thought it was just exercising his muscles and exerting some motor control, but it seems to happen more frequently than we would expect.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so what steps did you take?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2011, 11:21 AM   #2
(female)

mazda2011 HB User
Re: My 7-month old frequently scratches at table tops, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHO DAD View Post
Hi. I have a 7 month old son. At about 5 months he started lightly scratching at table tops, his mattress, his toys, etc. He uses his left hand more than his right for this. At first we thought it was cute ("something he could do") but it has continued. He does this frequently, though not all the time. But it seems unusual. Also, at about 6 months old he also started kicking his left leg fairly frequently. He also kicks the right leg, but more often it is the left. Again, at first we thought it was just exercising his muscles and exerting some motor control, but it seems to happen more frequently than we would expect.

Hi my son does this and i just wondered if your son is okay now or if you ever found why he did it ? thanks mazda2011

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2012, 10:53 PM   #3
(female)

SophiaRsmom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHO DAD View Post

my baby did this and still does and she is just fine. She is almost a year old. Babys scratch at things ANYTHING and they just kick their legs. Its just want babys do it will be okay daddy!!

Old 11-16-2012, 11:04 PM   #4
(female)

Tytgu HB User

I believe the scratch at things because they like the sound. My son does it constantly and I let him, because secretly I am hoping he wears down his nails and I don't have to file them! Haha I have mentioned this to friends, and they all say their babies do it as well. As for the kicking, I believe that is totally normal as well.. As you said, exercising their legs and seeing what they can do. As for the left more than the right, I don't think you need to worry. We all have our preferences, don't we? Haha

Closed Thread