It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2010, 06:43 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

marisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB User
Horrible Acne-like Rash....

My 6 week old has this awful baby acne-like rash, only I don't know if it's baby acne because it's SO awful! It's all over her from the neck up. Her cheeks, chin, nose, eye lids, lips, ears, no part of her head is spared! And her ears actually have some sort of pus or drainage that leaves yellow crusties on her eardrums and I think it might be from the rash since the same sort of crusty stuff is around her nose, too (not under her nostrils like snot would be).

ANYWAY..... the rash on her cheeks is really dry and rough feeling. I have no idea how to treat it, or if it even needs treating. We're giving plain water baths now, and not lotioning her at all, but I wonder if we should??? I have never encountered this before, and I worry about her skin becoming scarred if we don't do something! Any ideas? Should we panic and run her to the doctors, or let it run it's course???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2010, 08:29 PM   #2
(female)

toshino2 HB User
Re: Horrible Acne-like Rash....

This happened to my daughter around the same time. They were small dry prickely looking bumps all over her head, arms, and chest. The doc said it was just plain old baby acne. It went away about a week or so later. Not sure if this helps but good luck! Also, the doc said we could use olive oil instead of lotion.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2010, 09:51 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

marisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB User

So did she get crustiness around areas of the rash, too? That's the part that concerns me more than anything else.

I've dealt with so many "normal" issues with my other three kids, but this is one I've never seen before!

Old 10-18-2010, 03:05 PM   #4
(female)

kittenkaboodle HB User

Hi

My DS (17 months) recently came down with roseola - baby measles. I don't think this is what your DD has, but it made me do a lot of research on rashes.

In general, rashes are not serious unless it is accompanied by a high fever, lethargy, painful or very uncomfortable bumps or large swollen areas.

Is your DD still eating and sleeping normally? Does she seem really upset or uncomfortable? If you touch her face does she get upset or turn away?

Rashes are caused by a million different things. If you are worried, then definitly take her to your doctor, after all, that is what they are for.

Best of luck! Try not to worry. I'm sure she'll be just fine. : )

Closed Thread