It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2011, 07:04 PM   #1
(female)

donna1976 HB User
Unhappy So Sleepy

I have a 6 week old and he seems to wanna be in our bed lately he cries alot at nite while he's in his bed. I've tried everything from the changing him to rocking him but when i put him back into his bed he's up again. He seems to be up alot at nite and sleep during the day. How do i get him to sleep most of the nite ( In his own bed lol)?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2011, 10:52 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Re: So Sleepy

Sounds like he's gotten his time clock reversed.....my oldest did this when he was a newborn, not fun! We first made sure there was nothing wrong with him, he was healthy as a horse....then we took a couple of days where we knew we would be miserable and up all day and night and switched him back. Keeping him up during the day.....using lil tricks like a cool washcloth on his face and feet when he wanted to sleep, talking/playing with him, basically not letting him sleep much during the day, less than 4 hrs. (baby torture *lol*) then at night he was soooo tired he wanted to sleep in his bed, buy the second night he was good to go.

My 2nd son wouldn't sleep in his crib because it was too "open". he wanted to be in a small cuddled space, so he stayed in his cradle, with 2 sets of crib runners around the inside until he was 5 months old. then we did the same thing, put like 3 sets of crib runners in his crib to make the space smaller. He's 12 now and still to this day sleeps with pillows and stuffed animals all smooshed around him....sometimes it's hard to find my child if the room is too dark! *l*

Good luck and congrats on the new baby!

kat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2011, 05:07 PM   #3
(female)

donna1976 HB User
Red face Re: So Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlin09 View Post
Sounds like he's gotten his time clock reversed.....my oldest did this when he was a newborn, not fun! We first made sure there was nothing wrong with him, he was healthy as a horse....then we took a couple of days where we knew we would be miserable and up all day and night and switched him back. Keeping him up during the day.....using lil tricks like a cool washcloth on his face and feet when he wanted to sleep, talking/playing with him, basically not letting him sleep much during the day, less than 4 hrs. (baby torture *lol*) then at night he was soooo tired he wanted to sleep in his bed, buy the second night he was good to go.

My 2nd son wouldn't sleep in his crib because it was too "open". he wanted to be in a small cuddled space, so he stayed in his cradle, with 2 sets of crib runners around the inside until he was 5 months old. then we did the same thing, put like 3 sets of crib runners in his crib to make the space smaller. He's 12 now and still to this day sleeps with pillows and stuffed animals all smooshed around him....sometimes it's hard to find my child if the room is too dark! *l*

Good luck and congrats on the new baby!

kat
Thank you I will definately try the washcloth because the playin and talkin to him isn't working lol.. He sleeps rite threw it. I can have him in the most uncomfortable position and talking to him and hes sound asleep. At this point I'm willing to try anything. My husband is going crazy LOL.He goes to work in the morning feeling sotired I feel so sorry for him.

Old 06-08-2011, 08:47 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Yeah just take a reallly cool wash cloth, not ice cold, and gently wipe his lil cheeks and forehead with it when he's dozing off, you can also put him in a bath to keep him awake, and put him down on a play mat to play with him and just flick or thump the bottom of his bare feet lightly, just enough to keep him alert. It's hard for a couple days because nobody gets sleep and everyone is grouchy...but it's worth it in the end. You and your hubby should take shifts, so your not both exhausted. Giving him several baths a day for a couple of days will not hurt him, just be sure and moisturize him afterwords. I wish you luck and boy i don't miss those days. *s* My son had gotten so bad my husband and i would sleep in the living room under the swing so one of us could reach up and push it when it stopped otherwise he'd start screaming. Then of course we let him sleep during the day so we could have peace. My mom came to visit took one look at was going on, and said, "Now, we're not having this nonsense, time to get this baby back on track!" *l* let me know how he does.

kat

Old 06-11-2011, 10:55 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Hi donna, just wanted to check in and see your sleepy lil one is doing. any progress getting him changed around yet?

kat

Closed Thread