It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2012, 09:07 AM   #1
(female)

Ladytaxi HB User
Granddaughter 5mos not wanting Milk

My daughter tells me that my granddaughter was drinking 32oz a day, but has gone down now to about 20oz. She has no fever, eats baby food. Sleeps through the night and stays on schedule, but not wanting to drink her milk. She is doing everything else normal for her 5 mos. I recommended some ora-gel, baby aspirin, and trading out nipples. Anyone else having this problem?

Smiles R Free
My Love is the Freeway!
God is my Pilot!
Nancy

Last edited by Ladytaxi; 06-19-2012 at 09:09 AM.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:57 PM   #2
(female)

Tytgu HB User
Re: Granddaughter 5mos not wanting Milk

I can only speak from experience and am no professional, but my son started doing this around five months. I could not get him to finish a bottle and he is a big boy and eater usually. He went from about 48oz to 24oz. This continued for about a month. Eventually he picked right back up where he started. Anyway, for me, I did not worry. If the baby is eliminating normally (having wet dialers daily and bowel movements) and not overly fussy, I think she is fine. She may just not need as much to fill her belly anymore, especially considering she getting other food. If she becomes very fussy, has other signs of teething, then I may suggest treating that. But for now, I wouldn't. Also if she seems to be having potty problems, call the pediatrician. Otherwise, let her drink and eat what she wants and don't be too concerned.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2012, 04:55 AM   #3
(female)

yrsofpainsucks HB Useryrsofpainsucks HB Useryrsofpainsucks HB User
Re: Granddaughter 5mos not wanting Milk

Tytgu is right on the money. I was going to say the exact thing. I will just add that in normal situations babies know what they need. And they go in spurts. My daughter (who is VERY petite) would scare the dickens out of me. Being tiny she would eat close to nothing at times. But she had regualar diapers, would play and be fine. Then she would go into eating what seems like a grown man would eat. Unless there is a difference in diapers or behavior he pretty much knows what she needs and I wouldnt worry too much.

Last edited by yrsofpainsucks; 12-10-2012 at 04:56 AM.

Closed Thread