It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2012, 10:17 PM   #1
(female)

sim123 HB User
metabolic disorders

Hi I'm not sure where to post this or if this is the right place to be asking. My daughter is three months old and had an abnormal newborn blood screen which for some reason my dr didn't tell us about. at six weeks she was in the hospital with severe dehydration and in the end she was diagnosed with cows milk protein allergy. She was tested for high amino acids which they did come back with elevated levels, however not enough for the dr's in the hospital to think it was the reason why she was so sick. In the end she was put on neocate and all symptoms cleared up. I had to follow up with a ped for weight gain, and that's where the ped said that her newborn screen came in abnormal and was surprised that my dr didn't mention it.

So we had her blood tested and the results came in as again slightly elevated just outside of the range by a few points. I haven't spoken to the ped yet, the dr thinks there's nothing to worry about but I'm worried sick. Why are they even slightly elevated out of the range. I don't have the details and it's the holidays everyone is closed. when i say slightly out of range, the example is if the range is 1-10 her level was 15 -just an example..-one that the dr's office gave.

does she have a metabolic disorder? what does this mean?

Closed Thread

Tags
amino acids, blood test results, metabolism disorders, newborn