It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infant Care (up to 18 months old) Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2013, 07:42 AM   #1
(male)

rkodikara HB User
2 days old baby - Fever 100.2F at home

My little one was born on 22nd April and we came from hospital yestreday. Today (on 24th April), we found out that he has some fever (100.2f). But after applying some wet cloth, it was reduced to some 98.5 and it's going up and down from time to time. It's for some 8 hours.
He sucks well and we assume that the breast milk is sufficient for him. No issue in passing stool and urine. We met the family doctor and he said to give some 10 drops of paracetamol and to wait and see wht's happening. But the peaditrecian who were at the theatre when he was born, asked to admit baby to hospital, when we called her.
Dont know what to do. Should we wait and see or should we go immediately?
When born, he didnt have any complications and he was 2.69kg weighed.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User
Re: 2 days old baby - Fever 100.2F at home

Hi I think its abnormal for a newborn to have a fever snd if someone told me to admit the infant I definitely would. Plz let us know how it goes! Cathy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2013, 06:12 AM   #3
(female)

ctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB User

I agree. I would also take the baby to be admitted. It is really dangerous for a newborn to have a fever and could be indication of an infection. It is better to be safe.. Let us know how your little one is doing.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:12 PM   #4
(female)

Feather822 HB User

I'm guessing at this point that situation is settled but for future knowledge if you were not informed. A newborn should not have a temp of 100.4 or higher for the first 8 weeks at least. This is due to the fact that they are so young and their bodies are not strong enough to fight off an infection. Hope your enjoying your LO.

Reply Reply