It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2004, 08:49 PM   #1

aph1102 HB User
Ripped of thumbnail/fractured same thumb/now possible infection???

Monday I had a pretty bad day. That morning I ripped half of my thumbnail off (the hospital removed the rest) and later that afternoon I fell and fractured that same thumb. Now it's swollen and itching extrememly bad. I had a doctors appt today and he says it's an infection but he didn't tell me what kind, he just put me on meds. Now half of my hand is swollen. My skins really tight, red, and I have red streaks going up the inside of my forearm. Any ideas as to what it may be? Thanks ahead for any responses.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2004, 12:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

jerrie97 HB User
Re: Ripped of thumbnail/fractured same thumb/now possible infection???

Quote:
Originally Posted by aph1102
Monday I had a pretty bad day. That morning I ripped half of my thumbnail off (the hospital removed the rest) and later that afternoon I fell and fractured that same thumb. Now it's swollen and itching extrememly bad. I had a doctors appt today and he says it's an infection but he didn't tell me what kind, he just put me on meds. Now half of my hand is swollen. My skins really tight, red, and I have red streaks going up the inside of my forearm. Any ideas as to what it may be? Thanks ahead for any responses.
Eek, so sorry to hear all of that happened.

You're taking antibiotics, right? Since you have red streaks going up your arm, I'd guess you have cellulitis.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread