It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2004, 05:31 PM   #1

JD4444 HB User
Cellulitis or Bursitis?

I have had a small, closed, dime-sized bump on my elbow for at least 10 years. Last week, it flared up with infection and was hot and swollen. My whole arm was red and hot. I went to dr., who prescribed Cephalexin. The next day, my temp shot up and I went in to emerg. room. They gave me IV antibiotics three nights in a row, drained 7cc of yellow pus off of it and now I'm on oral Cipro (1000mg)/day. The cipro is making me ill, the elbow is draining just a little and I know nothing about what is going on. A culture was taken the first trip to dr., and it didn't grow anything, so I don't know what kind of bacteria it is. A) What are your experiences with Cipro B) What could this be - they called it cellulitis and septic bursitis....saw five different docs in five days...

Old 09-16-2004, 07:31 PM   #2
Inactive

Karla HB User
Re: Cellulitis or Bursitis?

All I know is my mother frequently gets cellulitis in her legs from scratching them with her feet that have severe athletes feet bacteria. It flares up despite this only after she has stood all day every day for 2-3 days. It makes her legs red, hot to touch, and swollen just as you described. She usually is in the hospital for a week at a time and gets pumped full of antibiotics and sent home on them. I hope you get well soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread