It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2006, 09:25 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

CoyoteBound HB User
Redness above ankles

I have had redness all the way around my leg above my ankles on both legs and it feels like it has fever in them. I went to my Pharmacy today and they noticed it and the Pharmacist asked me if I had heart trouble and I told him yes that I had also had blood clots in the past and I also have had to have 3 stints put in and 2 of them was behind my heart. The pharmasist told me that when my Doctors office opened tomorrow morning that I better be there to see the Doctor. He said that it looked like it could be Cellulitus to him. I have been swelling in my feet and it started out just my left foot and leg and now it is both of them. I can't wear a shoe because of the swelling. Does anyone know what this could be and maybe thought someone has been thru this and could possibly explain something to me. Thanks for any advice that anyone could give me.

Jan

Old 10-03-2006, 06:53 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mari526 HB User
Post Re: Redness above ankles

It sounds like Cellulitis to me too, and the swelling could be a sign of Cardiac problems. Your pharmacist gave you good advice, please see your doctor ASAP. Cellulitis can be difficult to treat and you could end up in the hospital. You should be evaluated right away.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread