It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2007, 05:04 PM   #1
(female)

so sik of this HB User
Unhappy dizziness, muscle aches, tiredness/malaise etc

Hello all!

I'll give you a brief history, I'm at the end of my rope.........

Here are my symptoms and when they started:

attack of dizziness in friends car went to ER (this was about 13 years ago). Diagnosed me with labrynthitus. (1 month before contracted chlamydia also had strange rash on neck, never diagnosed)

got dizzy spells once in a while for yrs, little sores once in awhile (too scared to return to DR didnt think big deal)

Dizzy spells got worse, starting getting sick feeling, sore muscles.

Now I'm worse than ever....

Ive been getting heart fluttering
constant dizziness
fluid when I put finger in ear
pressure in head
anxiety (cased by symptoms)
sore neck
sore lower back
knee pain
wrist pain
vision problems (blurry, see colors)
hair loss
feel like Im losing my mind sometimes (lost)
no energy
feeling of Impending Doom
rash on chest/shoulders 2-3 red bloches that come in go DR said almost resembles ringworm.
Have gotten several tests over last couple of years nothing except Creatine Kinase elavation.
I'm depressed so often because of this problem. I constantly think of it now, it's ruining my life.

One of the odd things is that my BF is complaining of dizziness, joint pain and other symptoms. This is really freaking me out.

I've gotten tested for HIV and it was neg.

Im at my wits end and cannot deal with this anymore......

ANYONE? THis is killing me!

Last edited by so sik of this; 04-15-2007 at 09:15 AM.

Old 04-16-2007, 07:00 PM   #2
(female)

Staar80 HB User
Re: dizziness, muscle aches, tiredness/malaise etc

have you been to ID? i am going through something very similar, but in addition i have non-healing lesion on soft palate. glands-fever-rashes-9 months long. chronic moth/throat pain/burning/tingling.

HIV-, even though 1 doc says it may still be.

ANA neg also, so that is supposed to rule out auto-immune.

i feel like i am dying, and nobody is listening. they just keep saying I don't know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2007, 11:54 AM   #3
(female)

mctassi HB User

I'm in the same boat as you! I can pretty much check everything off on your list. Including the rash, heart, dizziness, problems. I could feel the point, whatever it is, when it went to my head. It was like little bubbles and one of my eyes turned red ( like pink eye pics I've seen). Did that happen to you? I have tested neg. for std's including hiv. I know this sounds gross but do you ever get a really itchy anus? I'm going to a VA doc tommorrow. It sucks I have to start all over with a new doc. but insur. stopped because I feel so bad I can't work. A few blood tests have shown slightly elevated white blood count, but other than that everything else is normal! I can't live like this. I want you to know you are not the only one going through this. Docs always want to treat everything seperatly but to me it feels like one thing causing all these symptoms, virus, bacteria, ect. I don't know but it's something! I'll let you know any results from VA. But I'm sure I'm in for another long haul. Hopefully they find out before it kills me. Take care.

Old 04-18-2007, 12:06 PM   #4
(female)

Staar80 HB User

thank you for responding, it makes me feel bettr to know that someone is listening.

as for itchiness, none anywhere. the rash doesn't ever itch. on my face, it does seem to burn. what kind of doc are you seeing? it does make me so mad that they all keep pushing me off on the other. the mouth/throat/neck pain is the worst. my soft palate look nasty as hell. i wish one doc would care enought o help me get to the bottom of this.

Old 04-22-2007, 02:28 PM   #5
(female)

so sik of this HB User

I've been through hell the past couple of days. I went to the ER had a UTI and small sinus infection. I had this CRUSHING SKULL/pressure and still do. This is getting worse and worse everyday. I feel like I'm losing this battle, this is terrible. I will keep this thread updated as much as I can, please do the same. This is very scary to say the least. Currently, I'm not working because I feel so badly. I'm getting bloodwork done tomorrow to see if they can find anything. Yes, I do get a really bad itchy anus. It almost feels like syphilis or something. Like a virus is eating away at me slowly. Sounds weird, however, I think to myself "if I could only get a spinal tap done" I bet they'll find something. Im at a loss, hang in there.

Last edited by so sik of this; 04-22-2007 at 02:36 PM. Reason: to answer question

Old 04-24-2007, 11:28 AM   #6
(female)

mctassi HB User

hey so sik, I feel the same as you. I keep telling the docs it seems like a bacteria, virus, ect. that is affecting my whole body. I'm with you I keep thinking syphilis. I event got one doc to do an FTA-ABS even though the RPR for syph was neg. The FTA was inconclusive twice. It is hard to convince the docs there is anything to it. Whatever it is seems to be settling in the base of my skull. It is now effecting my neck. Docs say its just arthritis. This is such BS! I really can't take it much longer. CT's don't show anything. I'm getting an MRI on Thursday at the VA. I also feel if I could get a spinal tap it would show something. I too was told at the ER I had a sinus infection! I also have some slight gyn issues going on. I was told bacterial infection?( I think.) Nothing anyone seems worried about. BElieve me you do not sound weird to me. I feel like its eating away at me slowly too. I had one doc ask me "what it would take to believe there was nothing wrong with me?" I said when I feel better. I really hate when they think you are crazy. I know what ever it is will eventually kill me. Right now I feel so bad that I'm not working either. I'll keep you updated. If your blood work shows anything let me know. Take care, your not crazy!

Old 04-25-2007, 01:00 PM   #7
(female)

so sik of this HB User
Unhappy Re: dizziness, muscle aches, tiredness/malaise etc

oh man you sound just like me, really! I just got back from the DR. SHe is really nice, however, not really in tune with me. I'm getting a MRI of my neck & head for the 80th time. Also, she referred me to a nuero. That is so strange, I feel like mine is at the base of my skull too. I get all different/weird kinds of sensations. I'm chronically dizzy and I feel like someone is standing on my head (pressure). She gave me a muscle relaxer and a beta blocker (for my blood pressure). I wanted to smack her because it's a disease that is eating me up, I know it. I have to remain calm though, I don't want her to give up on me. Sometimes if you say the wrong thing or make a wrong move DR's will write you off in a sense.

There are many reasons why this syphilis came into play and honestly I feel if they would just give me the treatment for 10 days (antibiotics) I would probably feel almost normal. I recently went to a doctor that specializes in Lyme Disease and he is doing a lot of blood work. The weird/crazy thing is my fiance is getting these symptoms too. I can understand him having "some" sympathy pains, however, when he complains of dizziness, that scares me. He's going to get tested this week (RPR). Please keep in touch and update me as I will for you. Today, it feels as though I'm on a boat and I have a bowling ball as a head.

Last edited by so sik of this; 04-25-2007 at 01:04 PM.

Old 04-26-2007, 12:41 PM   #8
(female)

msmall7 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mctassi View Post
I'm in the same boat as you! I can pretty much check everything off on your list. Including the rash, heart, dizziness, problems. I could feel the point, whatever it is, when it went to my head. It was like little bubbles and one of my eyes turned red ( like pink eye pics I've seen). Did that happen to you? I have tested neg. for std's including hiv. I know this sounds gross but do you ever get a really itchy anus? I'm going to a VA doc tommorrow. It sucks I have to start all over with a new doc. but insur. stopped because I feel so bad I can't work. A few blood tests have shown slightly elevated white blood count, but other than that everything else is normal! I can't live like this. I want you to know you are not the only one going through this. Docs always want to treat everything seperatly but to me it feels like one thing causing all these symptoms, virus, bacteria, ect. I don't know but it's something! I'll let you know any results from VA. But I'm sure I'm in for another long haul. Hopefully they find out before it kills me. Take care.
have you looked into yeast overgrowth/candida in the intestines? a good probiotic might help with the itching. i'm not kidding. do a search on it. lots of the symptoms you describe are related to yeast.

truly,
melanie

Last edited by msmall7; 04-26-2007 at 12:41 PM.

Old 04-30-2007, 03:26 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

sarah92202 HB User

msmall7,mctassi, & staar80-have you guys checked into Lyme disease? I know that sosik is going to be tested, but all of you have so amny symptoms of Lyme. I would suggest going on the Lyme Disease board and checking out the symptoms list and asking ?'s on there. LD can mimic many autoimmune diseases, but the autoimmune tests come out neg. confusing doc's, it also has similar symptoms to CFS and Fibro, and most people suffering from Lyme are misdiag. with these fiirst. But Lyme is a serious disease that needs to be treated with antibiotics, and the longer it is in your system the more damge it does. I suffered for 8 years not knowing what was wrong with me, I hate to think of other people going through that too. good Luck. sosik, hang in there. I know it takes several weeks to get test results back, I'm glad that you are getting tested for LD, it is so important to get tested. Sarah

Old 05-05-2007, 10:28 AM   #10
(female)

mctassi HB User

Hey So Sik, how r u? I went for an mri. I have not been to the doc yet, but I got copies from the hospital. 1 of the findings was "a few scattered foci of T2 hyperintensity in the subcortical white matter." "Otherwise normal" what the hell is that? otherwise normal? like i said i haven't been to the doc yet but if he trys to tell me this is not unusual I think i'll just want to give up. when i check the internet things that come up for that are MS, lupus, HIV, and a few other things. my neck x-ray showed mild degenerative disc disease. They r probably going to try to treat these as 2 seperate things. I'm like you I know it is 1 thing that is effecting my whole body. Let me ask you do the palms of your hands ever peel? also the rash i've had for a few weeks now are small itchy bumps with some redness. a few years ago i use to get them on the top of my feet but now they are on other parts of my body. also have you ever had pimple looking things on your chest or back. they seem to be a cross between a regular pimple and a chicken pox. I don't know anymore. I could go on and on about symptoms. well, let me know about you. did u hav an mri? take care

Old 05-05-2007, 10:40 AM   #11
(female)

Staar80 HB User

i did have peeling and redness on the palms at the height of my "illness." after nine months chest and face still looks sunburned... i read those coincided with HIV, and believe me i have a ton of other HIV symptoms...but ID says she does not think so...because of tests still being negative at 9 months...she said it is unheard of to take that long. and i'll get these blemish type things on my chest, maybe 1 or 2 at a time, but they take forever to go away.

rheumatologist ruled out auto-immune yesterday.

iID still says she is not "convinced" it is infectuous" then what the hell is it?

my worst problem is hyperplastic suuamous mucosa (abnormal cell growth) on soft palate, uvula, throat. and i have read about the connection there with HIV. i was seriously so sick, i swear it was ARS. this waiting is killing me.

i feel a lot better than months ago, but the mouth looks nasty nasty nasty!!! and the rash, yuck. i look sick to people.

Old 05-05-2007, 03:14 PM   #12
(female)

so sik of this HB User

mctassi,

I'm not doing well, very sick!!!! I'm also getting an MRI tues with some more blood work. I did some brief research for "white matter" on the brain and came up with the following:

Multiple Sclerosis
Neurosyphilis
CNS vasculitis
Neurosarcoidosis
Lyme disease
Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy

Now I dont know if this is exactly what your MRI means. I hope your DR's can find out, I know how badly this sucks! I feel like I'm waiting in line to die, while waiting for these tests etc. I will keep in touch. yes, I get those chicken pox zits on my back but nothing on my hands/feet

god bless

Old 05-05-2007, 07:57 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

sarah92202 HB User

mctassi, my son's Brain MRI and SPECT basically say the same thing that your says, except his doesn't say it's normal, it says--there are occasional foci of increased signal in the periventriclar white matter which can be seen in demyelinating processes such as Lyme Disease. He was diag. with Lyme Disease in Oct of 06, and sees the top pediatric Lyme doc in the world. His MRI & SPECT were done in CT where they know what the Lyme looks like in the brain. He also has the pimply blister like rash on his chest and back. This is not real pimples or acne, they don't look the same. he was having the peeling skin on his hands for 2 years but after six months of antibiotics for Lyme his hands have healed. I hope that you can find out what is wrong with you, and I wouldn't accept the appears normal diag. on the MRI. Good Luck, Sarah

Old 05-06-2007, 10:29 AM   #14
(female)

mctassi HB User

Thanks guys you have been great! Sarah thx for the info about your son. I hope he's doning well. Starr that whole mouth thing sounds terrible. I'm not having probs like that. hopefully they can find out soon. So sik you seem to hav the most similar problems. I agree with your list. I don't really think it's lyme but lyme seems to have a lot of the same symptoms. Could be. I will ask doc. if I can be tested. So sic I know what you mean about you head feeling like a bowling ball and being on a boat. That's how I feel every day. My balance is off. It's not noticable but I'm worried if i would pass a sobriety test. haha. I'm still thinking whatever this is it's infectious. It progresses really slowly but it does progress and I'm with u so sik, I'll be right behind you in that line. I'll be honest i'm still worried about hiv. I've been tested so many times for hiv 1 and 2. Neg. results. It's so strange some things point to hiv but some things don't. So Sik let me know about your mri results. If your like me you're hoping something shows up because you can feel something wrong in there. If nothing shows up you are going to feel like your really screwed. No one wants to help if they can't see anything wrong. Good luck. I know it sounds odd but I hope they find something. take care

Old 05-06-2007, 03:18 PM   #15
(female)

so sik of this HB User

mctassi,

I'm praying with all my might that something shows up on my MRI. There is no way someone can feel so terrible and have nothing wrong. I'm leaning towards the Lyme route only because I know antibiotics work in my condition, I've tested it myself. This is why I narrowed it down to syphilis or Lyme. Not only do I have the symptoms, but antibiotics work. It's not a coincidence, there is just no way. I'm keep on keeping on with these Dr's I don't care how sick of me they are. I'm going to request a spinal tap, I dont care. I'm sick of it, this is no life. I love my job and now I'm so sick out on disability, it sucks!!!!!!!! We WILL figure this out, I don't care what it takes. I'm going tues. for my MRI and will let you know. In the meantime, keep the faith. Oh and thanks for wishing me luck with something on my MRI, yes I WANT something to show! It HAS TO! Keep persuing the white matter thing with your DR. Also, I would atleast try and get a Lyme test. If you have the money see a doctor who specializes in Lyme, called LLMD's like Sarah said. The Lyme board can get you names etc. Until then, hang in there Im praying for you!

Closed Thread