It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2007, 12:49 AM   #1
(female)

ktinbk HB User
Red face signs of skin infection going into blood/bone?

hi, i have a skin infection on my scalp. i was stupid and let it go for three weeks and itched it like crazy thinking it was just severely dry skin. but then it started hurting all the bones in my skull and felt like it was creeping under my skin and taking over my entire head. i went to the dr. and he gave me 10 days of clarithromycin and a loprox shampoo for sebherroic dermatitis (sorry, i spelled this wrong i think). he said he thinks it's dermatitis plus minor staph infection. the only problem is he didn't really inspect me so he's only going by what i'm able to tell him.
i have been on the medicine for 5 days now, and i'm concerned that by the time i got treatment it was already too late. i'm afraid it's gone into my tissue and/or bloodstream. it's very painful, itchy, and my bones and entire head feel like they have something living in them. i had a fever on Friday, but it's since gone down. still, all the weird feelings inside my head coupled with the severe itching on my scalp make me concerned i might have cellulitis or staph infecting further down. i'm very very scared right now that it could be resistant to the antibiotics and that it could be spreading underneath the skin. if this was the case, would my rash be worse with boils, etc. or could it still spread even if my rash isn't oozing and gross. i'm so scared of this that i can't even sleep at night, so i'd like to get more info and get this thing under control. how do i know when to really be freaked out vs. when to just take my time and wait and see?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2007, 12:50 PM   #2
(male)

Sisyphus3 HB User
Exclamation Re: signs of skin infection going into blood/bone?

Bacterial infections can often cause "growing pains" in the shins. One infection is even known as "breakbone fever" because it's so painful.

Closed Thread