It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2008, 12:07 AM   #1
(male)

happygolucky01 HB User
mrsa what would happen if i left it untreated

umm yes i have been having sores all up and down my leg that hurt really bad there is one in particular that hurt sooooooooooo bad that i couldnt walk so i let it go to see if it would get better putting alcohol and hot packs on it but it didnt so i called my doctor and she said that at maybe be mrsa and was really concerned so she took a look at it then she said she was going to take a culture of it so she had it taken from the sore it self and she squeezed alot of the pus out of it and it hurt really bad but now i can walk better and it doesnt hurt as much we havent got the results back yet btu the treatment she gave me is a pink pill called septra ds (trimethropim and sulfamethoxazole) so i guess my question is how bad can it get cuse they do still hurt and im supposed to go back in 10 from this past thursday 2/7

Old 02-12-2008, 01:13 AM   #2
(male)

Sisyphus3 HB User
Exclamation Re: mrsa what would happen if i left it untreated

You can die from a staph infection.

You can have to have tissue cut away ... like a leg.

Or your body's immune system can rally and bring it to a standstill or even wipe it out.

Go with whatever the doctor recommends.

It can take some time before you really notice that a prescription is doing its job, especially if it's bacteriostatic not bacteriocidal. However, you should be seeing improvement by the 3rd or 4th day. Septra is said to be bacteriocidal.

YMMV

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2008, 05:18 PM   #3
(male)

happygolucky01 HB User
Talking Re: mrsa what would happen if i left it untreated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus3 View Post
You can die from a staph infection.

You can have to have tissue cut away ... like a leg.

Or your body's immune system can rally and bring it to a standstill or even wipe it out.

Go with whatever the doctor recommends.

It can take some time before you really notice that a prescription is doing its job, especially if it's bacteriostatic not bacteriocidal. However, you should be seeing improvement by the 3rd or 4th day. Septra is said to be bacteriocidal.

YMMV
well thank you for ur advice this site is really helpful in a number of ways

Old 02-12-2008, 05:21 PM   #4
(male)

happygolucky01 HB User
Re: mrsa what would happen if i left it untreated

thank u sooo much this has helpd out alot i like this site is is very helpful

Old 02-19-2008, 07:26 AM   #5
(male)

Sisyphus3 HB User
Question Re: mrsa what would happen if i left it untreated

Bump for an update?