It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2008, 03:36 PM   #1
(male)

AlamLand48 HB User
Red Scrotum. Possible Fungal Infection?

Hi,

A few nights ago I started to feel a slight biting pain in my left testicle. The pain lasted the night and into the mourning. The pain stopped at mid-day or so and after that I felt no pain, itchiness, or irritation. In fact, my testicles felt almost normal. Then later that day when I went to the bathroom I noticed my left side of my scrotum had turned red. Now almost two days later, the redness is still there, and now there is some peeling.

I am a lifeguard so I sit in a wet swim suit all day. This, and the peeling, makes me think this is possibly a fungal infection. Today I started to apply Hypercortisone to the area.

If you have any ideas of what else it could possible be? Or if you know any treatments I could use that is better then hypercortisone then please let me know.

Thanks,
AlamLand48

Old 08-03-2008, 04:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

harka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB User
Re: Red Scrotum. Possible Fungal Infection?

will write a more extensive note later--if you think it's a fungal infection (which is possible given the fact that the area is constantly wet) then using a hydrocortisone cream by itself is not a good idea as it will suppress your immune system. If it's a bacterial infection then using the hydrocortisone cream is DEFINITELY not a good idea. If the area is itchy rather than burning and red, then it could be an eczematous reaction (which is unlikely on the scrotum) and that would be the only thing that hydrocortisone would be good for. In the absence of actually being able to see the rash, I would suggest you get it checked out earlier rather than later--you don't want to delay things when it comes to your urogenital health.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2008, 04:23 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

harka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB User

OH! the other thing is that what is happening could be that your TESTICLE that is what is affected and the reaction of the red scrotum is just secondary. In any case, my advice from the above post stands!

Old 08-03-2008, 04:32 PM   #4
(male)

AlamLand48 HB User

Ok,

Well as i said there is no feeling what so ever to it. So this might make it hard to understand what it is. All i can say is my left side is red. And my whole scrotum is peeling. Do you have any suggestions on what cream I shuold use?

Thanks,
AlamLan48

Old 08-04-2008, 06:43 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlamLand48 View Post
Ok,

Well as i said there is no feeling what so ever to it. So this might make it hard to understand what it is. All i can say is my left side is red. And my whole scrotum is peeling. Do you have any suggestions on what cream I shuold use?

Thanks,
AlamLan48
What you have is either an infection or eczema. For the former, you treat it with antifungals and perhaps a steroid to lessen the immune response just a tad so it's not so red. The other thing it could be is eczema or contact dermatitis in which case you use just a steroid cream.

If I tell you to use a steroid cream and it's a fungal infection, it'll just keep getting worse. If I tell you to use an antifungal and it's eczema or contact dermatitis it probably won't do anything. The safest thing to do is try a fungal cream from over the counter FIRST, and if that doesn't work see your physician so someone can actually have a look at the rash.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:37 PM   #6
(male)

iffy31 HB User
Red face Re: Red Scrotum. Possible Fungal Infection?

Hi
I am really new to this site and just joined. i have a problem, i dono what it is and how te explain. i have spots and rashes all over my body. I will not lie and be honest about it as its mu own health and i really really need help badly please?
ok i met this girl about 2 months ago and we had sex. from that moment on time i started to get rashes on my body and spots and all that. we had safe sex, when told her about my rashes and itching she said that she has fungal infetions or ring worm. i wne to see me own GP but he could not work out any thing. my infection is getting worse. i always feel so much itchy under arms, down below. and my back is full with red spots. if i break s spot it leaves a dark mark on my body. plz plz help me to get rid of this. plz any one let me know what to use and where to buy. i have tried the normal tablets me GP gave me but i rather use smfing strong. any suggestions.

thanks for reading

Last edited by iffy31; 08-29-2008 at 12:38 PM. Reason: help help help

Old 08-30-2008, 03:35 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

First of all, welcome to health boards!

Sorry to hear about your trouble. Just a question: what makes you so sure it's the sex that has caused this rash? Could have been something else? Like perhaps a food you're allergic to, or a new cologne or detergent you're using?

You said you had safe sex--is that one of the first times you've had sex? Could it be that you're allergic to latex? (if you used a latex condom). If not, have you EVER had unprotected sex? There is a sexually transmitted infection which can present with a full body rash, but if you haven't had unprotected sex, it is unlikely.

Old 08-31-2008, 02:23 AM   #8
(male)

iffy31 HB User
Question Re: Red Scrotum. Possible Fungal Infection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgranulomatis View Post
First of all, welcome to health boards!

Sorry to hear about your trouble. Just a question: what makes you so sure it's the sex that has caused this rash? Could have been something else? Like perhaps a food you're allergic to, or a new cologne or detergent you're using?

You said you had safe sex--is that one of the first times you've had sex? Could it be that you're allergic to latex? (if you used a latex condom). If not, have you EVER had unprotected sex? There is a sexually transmitted infection which can present with a full body rash, but if you haven't had unprotected sex, it is unlikely.
Hi

thanks for reading and replying to my add. I did have safe sex but i really dono what Condon i used for it. to answer your other question after sex when i had rashes i spoke to this girl and she confiirmed that she has fungal infection in all her body.
She said she took anti fungal creams and tablets. so i am glad she at least told me the the truth even though its too late after sex.
I wana to use something really strong to get rid of it ASAP.
i cant wear jeans cos my skin down below is so itchy and full of red spot. I also have spots in my head and i have to head shave regularly to give them cold air. its like they are my scalup.

thanks again

Old 08-31-2008, 09:17 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

iffy, your description is NOT characteristic of a fungal infection. You really should go to a doctor to get this checked out, as no one will know better than your own doctor. Also, you should tell your friend to also get checked at the doctor because, as I said, this doesn't sound like a fungal infection.

One other thing: does the rash involve the palms of your hands and/or the soles of your feet?

Old 09-02-2008, 09:44 AM   #10
(male)

iffy31 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgranulomatis View Post
iffy, your description is NOT characteristic of a fungal infection. You really should go to a doctor to get this checked out, as no one will know better than your own doctor. Also, you should tell your friend to also get checked at the doctor because, as I said, this doesn't sound like a fungal infection.

One other thing: does the rash involve the palms of your hands and/or the soles of your feet?
Hi
Thanks again for coming back.

i have made an appointment with my GP to see him. No i have nothing on hand or feet. i have itchyness and rashes in my head though, all over my skull. i shaved my head to let the cold air to on.
do you any anti fungal or skin nfection cream i can use for the mean time?
thanks

Old 09-02-2008, 11:59 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hi iffy,

I can't answer that question or recommend anything because that is beyond the scope of this board. But what I can say is: if something is not characteristic of an infection, no cream that treats an infection will work. I think you are looking for an answer you are not going to find.

Your family doctor, once s/he has assessed you and actually SEEN the rash, can make recommendations on how to treat you.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:46 AM   #12
(male)

charlesh HB User

i have suffered with this condition for over three years have been to numerous doctors no luck i have recently tried mupirocin 2% with gold bond powder giving some relief you can try this but your doctor has to give you a prescription for this good luck everybody

Old 12-17-2009, 05:52 PM   #13
(male)

charlesh HB User

from charles h i have had this problem for two years and have been on all kinds of ointments creams pills i am fortunate because i have two medical coverages and believe me i use them the only thing i can say that gives me relief is mupirocin ointment2% and gold bond powder in the gold can relieves excessive moisture so far this is working and it is drying up so nothing beats a try but a failure been back to doctor yesterday he sees increased improvements in my condition so good luck charlesh

Old 04-16-2011, 01:53 PM   #14
(male)

foxblade1 HB User

alot of people would tell you this is a fungus or eczema. Its not the couse of RSS is still up to debate but it is in deed a bacterial infection. i know i had it and went to my docter and did tests (skin, blood and urine). the test show there was bacteria in my urine but only a small amount and the skin on my sack had a good bit. the docter put my on keflex 500mg taking it 4 times a day and now after a week its going away. I too work in a hot shiping and reseving warehouse. i think heat and moster has alot to do with it starting. he also told me no whitey tightys wear loose boxers when working. i hope this help some of you out and remenber your not alone on this.

Old 10-01-2011, 06:24 AM   #15
(male)

vkpm HB User
Cool Re: Red Scrotum. Possible Fungal Infection?

Hi,

I had this scrotum fungal infection over last 2 years until recently I found a cure after a lot of searching.
1. Ordered Tea Tree Oil + Clove Bud Oil + Cinnamon Oil from an online store.
2. Mixed 4 parts of PURE coconut oil to the above oils, and apply it gently on the scrotum every morning and night after bath.
3. Repeated the treatment in point-2 for 2 months and cut off sugar, yeast products, smoking, alchohol and other acidifying products from my diet.
4. Took 4 cloves of garlic IN BETWEEN MEALS/BREAKFAST, so a total of 12 cloves per day for 2 months.
5. Recently I have noticed that 95% of the infection got cured. And I had gone another step, I had started applying garlic juice directly over the scrotum skin. This had made me jump all over my room as it burns like hell for the first 3 minutes. So you may want to mix the garlic juice with a little coconut oil before applying it ont he scrotum skin (never apply on the penis head, I am sure you would go mad). For some people the condition may worsen if their skin is too sensitive for a direct garlic paste. Applied this morning and night after bath. Ensure that you do not smell garlic the whole day.
6. Within 3-4 days, I have found dead skin peeling off my scrotum.

Finally I got convinced that I am getting cured, and I thought of passing this to everyone on this planet, as I do not want someone else suffer form this *****in fungus. I have also added Neem tablets and some blood purifying herbs to my diet so that I wont again get it again. Maybe I will have to take these supplements for another 6-8 months.

*Neem tablets may turn as a temporary contraceptive so if you are planning for any kids think again.

Get Well Soon,

Thanks,
VKP

Last edited by moderator2; 10-01-2011 at 06:32 AM. Reason: please do not post a commercial website, for any reason.

Closed Thread