It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2011, 09:38 PM   #46
(female)

LoveLadyHeart HB User
Re: Recurring Staph Infection

Bryan,
I too suffer from recurring staph although not in my fingers as you get. I was told staph could reoccur for a number of reasons. 1. certain strains of staph are resistant to certain antibiotics so unless you get the right antibiotic for that staph you will get it back. 2. Staph can hide in your body so although you took antibiotics and it when away it may not have gotten all of it so it reoccurs. 3. Some people such as diabetics (like i am) have a suppressed immune system so we are more vulnerable to developing staph. It was suggested that once a week to take a bath and add 1/4 cup of bleach to the bath water so that it keeps the staph down on your skin. Hopely this will help and I wish you good luck and hope it doesnt return......Good Luck!!

Old 01-05-2012, 08:36 AM   #47
(female)

mairah HB User

Bryan and fxp,

How are you doing now? Is Benzoyl Peroxide still working? I have been getting boils on and off since last 6 months. Antibiotics subside them but they come back again in sometime! I'm thinking of using benzoyl peroxide but couldn't find sufficient evidence about its effectiveness. I see it has been more than 2 years since you started using it. Good time to gauge it's effectiveness. Can you please tell me how are you doing now? Your input would be really helpful. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2012, 06:44 PM   #48
(male)

staphau HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLadyHeart View Post
Bryan,
I too suffer from recurring staph although not in my fingers as you get. I was told staph could reoccur for a number of reasons. 1. certain strains of staph are resistant to certain antibiotics so unless you get the right antibiotic for that staph you will get it back. 2. Staph can hide in your body so although you took antibiotics and it when away it may not have gotten all of it so it reoccurs. 3. Some people such as diabetics (like i am) have a suppressed immune system so we are more vulnerable to developing staph. It was suggested that once a week to take a bath and add 1/4 cup of bleach to the bath water so that it keeps the staph down on your skin. Hopely this will help and I wish you good luck and hope it doesnt return......Good Luck!!

Luckily I am out of staph infection now.
After the course of antibiotic never forget to have bath with cleansing agent like detol. I have been using detol soap after the end of antibiotic course and have been giving special attention to cleanliness as I have a pet at home too. Take care.. It should go easily, its just a matter of time.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:17 AM   #49
(male)

david880 HB User

I have had the same recurring staph infection. The reason why they say to swab the nose with antibiotic cream is because that is where the bacteria has been found to colonizes. If you have this problem try to pay attention to how often you touching your nose with your own hands and fingers. Before it was brought to my attention I would itching and picking my nose several times with out thought. And when I would break out in staph I would itch and squeeze the boils to drain them because they were irritating and painful. I was finally able to get control of my infection by doing these simple steps:

1. 500mg keflix 3 times a day for two weeks (very effective for staph).
2. Do not touch/pick the nose at all, swab 4 times a day with bactrin cream.
3. Do not itch, scratch, rub, drain, squeeze or touch the infected skin/pimples/boils at all!!
4. Shower with Dial or other antibacterial soap at least once a day, and dry your self thoroughly.

After it clears up, you can stop it from coming back remember if you remember to never touch your nose then scratch your skin with the same hands/fingers. I believe most people with this condition have a compulsive habit to pick at or touch their skin,face or nose. There will always be some bacteria present in your nose and in places like your growing or arm pits. Use antibacterial soap and wash your hands always and NEVER pop or drain a boil or zit or pimple without a doctor. When you break the skin to get the pus out you allow the bacteria to enter the blood stream and the staph spreads internally. Most of you who started with one boil squeezed it to drain it because it felt better, but you actually caused it to spread through your blood and on your fingers. If you get a boil or zit just let your body fight it naturally. Let me know if this helps.

Old 01-10-2013, 06:07 PM   #50
(male)

TonyDewitt HB User

I had two staph infections, one on my face, and another on my leg, within a month of each other. I suspect I have HTLV, a virus that suppresses the immune system, giving rise to these abscesses.

When I went to the dermatologist both times, the abscesses were cultured and treated with antibiotics, leaving a scar on my face and leg. The dermatologist told me that these cases have gone up by a factor of ten in the past year, and that people are returning with repeat cases.

In order to ward off future abscesses, I take vitamins (e.g. C and E) and antiviral supplements like Curcumin (Tumeric), Lysine, Eclipta Alba, garlic, etc. Also I take hot baths with a cup of bleach (8 ounces). Taking these preventative steps (I believe) helps me avoid the horror of dealing with these scary infections. Hopefully my approach can help the rest of you as well.

Best wishes.

Closed Thread