It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2009, 09:03 AM   #1
(female)

wendy85 HB User
staph infections

Every since my surgery in 2004, I've have had recurring staph infections. They weren't really too bad until after my last surgery in 2006. Ever since I get at least two small staph infections or more a year. I have had 8 hip surgeries in 24 years. I did have a doctor who did a series of blood test which all came back normal. I wish someone could explain why I get these infections that just pop up in different parts of my body.

Old 05-24-2009, 03:13 PM   #2
(female)

nobodytotalkto HB User
Re: staph infections

Are they in the form of very painful boils? Most people say that we already have staph on our bodies, but it's when the staph finds a way to invade our bodies, that we actually know it's there. I'm not sure that I agree with this, because I have always gotten ingrown hairs, pimples, cat scratches, etc., and never had a problem with boils (it was confirmed MRSA) until my husband caught it from work. I believe with every fiber in my body, that we were not colonized with this staph until after several of the guys my husband works with, came down with Mysterious "spider bites".

Staph can be picked up nearly anywhere. There are two basic kinds...the kind you acquire in a hospital, and the kind you acquire in your community. If you started getting the infections after you had a surgery, my best bet is that you contracted it in the hospital, although that might not be the case. It is extremely contagious and you can easily spread it, and contract it again, if you don't take proper procedures to protect yourself and those around you.

Make sure that you do some research on it, and talk over any possible cures with your doctor. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2009, 08:34 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

harka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy85 View Post
Every since my surgery in 2004, I've have had recurring staph infections. They weren't really too bad until after my last surgery in 2006. Ever since I get at least two small staph infections or more a year. I have had 8 hip surgeries in 24 years. I did have a doctor who did a series of blood test which all came back normal. I wish someone could explain why I get these infections that just pop up in different parts of my body.
Wendy, when you say you're having staph infections, do you mean skin boils?

Old 06-20-2009, 11:13 AM   #4
(male)

kylesmith93 HB User

i have a staff infection in my mouth and am not sure what to do i have been suscribed antibiotics but its not working it has alredy been there for a few months and wonder if i should have a doctor surgicly remove it

Old 06-20-2009, 12:09 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

harka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB User

Kyle,

Intra-oral infections are rare to be Staphylococcus aureus because there are many different types of bacteria that live in the mouth and Staph is not one of the predominant ones. Why do you think it's a Staph infection? If you have a chronic infection in the mouth that doesn't seem to be getting better, you should get it checked out because it may be associated with a tooth infection which will not resolve until the tooth is pulled.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:32 AM   #6
(male)

kylesmith93 HB User

i was told by my doctor it was staff, but since it wont go away even after the antibiotics i made another apointment to get it checked out, do you think i should have the doctor surgicaly remove it

Old 06-21-2009, 08:41 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Well have your mouth inspected by either a dentist, oral surgeon or ENT doctor and they'll know what to do.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:27 AM   #8
(male)

kylesmith93 HB User

okay thank you vary much i will have my doctor refer to one of thos. i really aprechiate your help

Old 06-23-2009, 04:12 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

You're welcome!

Old 06-25-2009, 11:04 AM   #10
(male)

kylesmith93 HB User

hey this is kyle again
i have a question, right now my family doctor is out of the country for a month so they wont see me for my staff infection they just kepp suscribing me more antibiotics wich alone i dont think is working, so do you think it would be stupid to go to a er and show them the infection and see if they can remove it?

Old 07-08-2009, 01:44 PM   #11
(female)

gsac114 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesmith93 View Post
hey this is kyle again
i have a question, right now my family doctor is out of the country for a month so they wont see me for my staff infection they just kepp suscribing me more antibiotics wich alone i dont think is working, so do you think it would be stupid to go to a er and show them the infection and see if they can remove it?

Closed Thread