It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2009, 02:43 PM   #1
(female)

Jrobaby HB User
Mrsa

Does anyone know much about MRSA? I had it once in January, so I know what it looks like. For the past 5 weeks Ive been struggling with a slight fever and cough, a hazy spot in my lung according to my doctor, just some form of walking pneumonia or something. Ive been on 2 rounds of antibiotics since the 1st round didn't get rid of it. On saturday I noticed I had MRSA, the spot appreared right by the spot I got it the first time and It looked and felt the same so I know thats what it was. Saturday was also the last day of my antibiotics. The MRSA spot is going away and didnt turn into a boil, most likely becuase I was already on antibiotics, however if you are taking antibiotics for something, and dont finish your meds all the way, it can come back or still be in your system.. sooo my question is since I was on antibiotics for something unrealated and finished them the day the mrsa showed up, isn't that kind of like stopping an antibiotic before its fully healed? Should I be unconcerned since the spot is going away? Or can it still be in my system even if there is no spot?

Old 08-12-2009, 02:55 PM   #2
(female)

Jrobaby HB User
anybody know MRSA?

I noticed i had mrsa on saturday (ive had it before same area so i know its that) I was on antibiotics for something else, but saturday was the last day of my antibiotic coarse. The mrsa seems to be going away, almost completely now, However you know how if you stop taking your antibiotics before your suppose to, then the illness or infection either wont go away or may get resistant and come back? Well since the mrsa showed up on the last day i took an antibiotic its kind of like that scenario of not taking the antibiotic all the way through.. So even though the spot is going away, is it possible its still in my system? Or am I safe as long as the boil is gone? I've read it can get into your blood or organs so I just don't know if I should be concerned

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2012, 06:25 PM   #3
(male)

kyler3 HB User
Re: Mrsa

It is possible for MRSA to be in your lungs. Or to be in your system without sores.

Old 10-10-2012, 02:37 AM   #4
(female)

krazy2day HB Userkrazy2day HB Userkrazy2day HB Userkrazy2day HB Userkrazy2day HB User
Re: Mrsa

Yes, absolutely, you can get MRSA in the lung. My mom was dx with it (HA-MRSA) after a bronchoscopy. I'm still looking for CLEAR information since the hospital tried to mention it and keep talking (about other things) like it was nothing.

Closed Thread