It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2009, 07:24 AM   #1
(male)

kjansson82 HB User
Can it be an infectious disease?

For over 4 years now I've had several symptoms without finding the cause of them.

When I got back to work after a long round trip in south east Asia I noticed that I had a slight feeling of foggy-brain. Nothing serious and it didn't affect me much. However, some months later I suddenly got stomach and bowel problems. The symptoms included discomfort in the stomach region, nausea, loose stool, bad sleep tiredness and weight-loss.

This went on for several weeks and the doctors didn't find any problems. After a while I started to feel better but I never went away and until now I have these symptoms. Sometimes they're worse and sometimes I'm feeling almost ok.

But I would not say these symptoms are mild since whatever I have have made me lose two jobs.

So this is my symptom list and it has been going on for over 4 years now up and down:

Nausea
slight vertigo sometimes
foggy brain
stomach/bowel discomfort
dead tired even after good night sleep
loose stool
headache often come with I'm tired

The doctors have checked for lots of things but haven't found anything.

Now I wonder if it can be some kind of infectious disease that can be hard to find and can give the above symptoms.

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks for help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2009, 10:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

harka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB User
Re: Can it be an infectious disease?

Hi there,

It's unlikely to be an infectious disease given how much time has elapsed since your trip. Also, the problem with your symptoms is that they are all non-specific...in other words, by themselves and together they don't point towards any single diagnosis.

Have you tried ANYTHING that works? Exercise? antidepressants? (NOT saying you're depressed....but sometimes antidepressants can help with the foggy brain and those types of symptoms), stimulants?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2009, 09:29 AM   #3
(male)

kjansson82 HB User
Re: Can it be an infectious disease?

Thanks for your reply. Appreciate it.

I've tried two kinds of antidepressants. The idea was to reduce the stomach and bowel problems. One gave me bad side effects with irregular heartbeat for example. Couldn't use it. The other one I quit using just now after a few months. No real side effects but I couldn't really say that it helped either. The dose was about 1/6 of the dose given to depressed persons. One side effect perhaps of the last antidepressant might have been that it have given me vertigo. I don't know if it is because of the antidepressant but it started a couple of days after I quit using it and it has been going on for a week now.

Something that helped a bit has been 'Lergigan'. Used for example for allergic reactions, anxiety, nausea etc. But during bad periods nothing I have tried can do much. I don't know if there are other drugs out there better suited for my problems?

I'm trying to execrice as well but when I feel too bad I really have no power.

What do you mean by stimulants?

Thanks again!

Closed Thread