It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2010, 06:40 PM   #1
(female)

tirra609 HB User
Repetitive staph infections my 17 month old.. HELP!

My 17 month old daughter has had 5-6 MRSA infections back-to-back for several months, since she was about 9-10 months old. She just got another staph infection 2 days ago & she's on the Bactrium now. She's been seen by 6 different doctors & they have all said pretty much the same old story! They have all put her on Bactrium (6ml for 10 days) & Bactorban cream that goes up her nose twice ( 2x day for 10 days) & it cured it, but it ALWAYS has come back! I clean EVERYTHING! My house is not dirty. Her doctor says that its living on her skin? But if that was the case my husband and I would have already gotten it, but we haven't? She's always have had the boils on the butt, but now this time its on her hip?!? She also has had a swollen neck lymph node, just on her left side, for months now!! And I had just noticed today both of her lymph nodes by her groin area are also swollen?? I am getting extremely frustrated and worried that something may be wrong with her. My questions are: Should I take her to a dermatologist? should I have tests run on her to make sure she doesn't have some type of disease causing this? should I get another opinion? I am keeping her clean (probably too clean). She gets a bath every night and I wash her hands several times a day. I am so concerned over this. She has been on an antibiotics again now for approx. 2 days......the boils are healing again....only to come back again a few months from now I am sure....HELP!!! Please give me some insight and direction for this......Any information will be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread