It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2010, 01:25 PM   #1
(male)

John18 HB User
Cellulitus/Staph Infection

Ok last friday I had a boil pop up on my upper right leg. Have I had thi problem before I would of went straight to the ER lol. But Saturday I decided to play basketball and it double in size in three hours. Well when I got home I decided to try and pop it which didnt work and caused it to get worse. Sunday I went to a walk in doctors office and the Nerce Practitioner said it was Cellulitus and shot me with antibiotics and gave me oral also. Well Monday it got larger by about an inch to two inches in spots, with severe pain to touch and dark red around the spot of the boil. Well I left the ER cause of the wait which was ver long. Anyhoot Tuesday I went back to the same office and saw the doctor and he said it was staph and decided to lance it which was extremely tramatizing. not sure how much infection he gotten out of it but it bled bad. He then packed it and gave me another shot. Well toda it still has pain although it is not as bad, it feels like alot of preasure was released. Well its still red and didnt really change around the wound, its still hard. Im still worried. What should I do to clean it? What should I look for if its getting worse or clearing up?

Old 03-31-2010, 06:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mari526 HB User
Re: Cellulitus/Staph Infection

The packing should be changed so, I would suggest you call your doctor.

It's a good sign if the pressure was relieved. You probably were given the wrong type of antibiotic the first time. You need to see if your doctor wants you to continue with an oral antibiotic now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2010, 08:47 PM   #3
(male)

John18 HB User

I go back tomorrow and after taking a bath tonight it actually looks a lot better. I think I was just overl worried because all I hear is infectious disease. Kept thinking to myself it was going to enter my blood stream or a flesh eater lol. but thanks. But actually I have gotten a runn nose and a sore throat. It started out like a nasal infection which I do get from time to time. Could the staph caused this?

Last edited by John18; 03-31-2010 at 08:51 PM.

Old 04-01-2010, 08:37 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mari526 HB User

I don't think the staph caused your runny nose. I do think your immune system is a little low having to deal with the staph infection so, it makes you more susceptible to colds etc.

Make sure to ask your doctor how he wants you to take care of the wound. Glad it's looking better.

Last edited by Mari526; 04-01-2010 at 08:39 AM.

Old 04-01-2010, 04:01 PM   #5
(male)

John18 HB User

WOW at the amount of pain I had to go through today getting it repacked. They had to pop and pull all kinds of pokets I guess out of the whole. Im real good with pain but that was some intense crap. Anyhow it is looking real good and they said that itll prollly be another two weeks intill the whole is gone. I have to go back to get repacked I guess every two days, which sucks bad..

Old 04-04-2010, 07:34 PM   #6
(male)

John18 HB User

Up date: I still have some what of the infection but since they had popped and dug out alot of the infection it has looked and felt a lot better. I have a new question though if you guys could help. My daughter has a pimple on her cheek but its not filled with nothing. How long does it take to show up if your exposed to it? I been having antibiotics in my system for a week. Could it be mrsa on her face? Or am I just overreacting? ALl help has been well appreciated thanks..

John

Old 04-05-2010, 03:05 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mari526 HB User

Staph infections generally are very reddened areas. Many times with yellowish discharge.

You should have your girlfriend keep the area clean and dry and notify the doctor if it enlarges, becomes reddened and painful.

Closed Thread