It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2010, 08:50 AM   #1
(female)

tiffany1979 HB User
Unhappy MRSA on Lip

Monday night I felt I was getting a pimple below my lip so i put some Proactive on it to get rid of it. Instead, it brought it to a head by the next morning so I popped it. I kept polysporin powder and cream on it and it didn't get any worse. Another one started developing IN my lip, though, just above that one. I went to the doctor yesterday because I knew it was MRSA (I have had it a few times). The Dr. put me on 2 Bactrim twice a day to try to eradicate it so I won't have recurrences anymore. He also put me on the gel for my nose and told me to use a warm compress on my lip. The spot on my lip has not come to a head. Here are my questions:

1. Does the spot HAVE to come to a head or will the antibiotics work on it from the inside and make it disappear without it having to be drained?

2. If it doesn't come to a head and goes away without breaking the skin, will it leave a weird hard chunk in my lip?

3. The doctor said to use a warm compress, but I have looked on some MRSA-specific websites and it has clearly said NOT to use a warm compress. What is the purpose of the warm compress? Does it serve only to bring the spot to a head?

4. How long before I see a difference on Bactrim? I have taken 3 doses (6 pills) and my lip is not any smaller (2-3x normal size). In the past when I have had MRSA, I was given half the dose I have now and could see a difference after a couple of doses. I don't know if it isn't changing because it is on such a sensitive area or if the antibiotics aren't working.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread