It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2010, 11:17 PM   #1
(female)

snatchy HB User
mrsa or recurring staph?

Perhaps I don't have an exact understanding of how mrsa works, but please help me out.

In September, I had what a doctor told me was an infected spider bite. But it was HUGE, extremely painful, full of puss, and looked just like a staph infection. So I went to another doctor and her opinion was that it was a staph infection. Regardless of what it actually was, I got antibiotics (can't remember what they were though) and it cleared up.

I'm beginning to get what looks like a similar situation on the inside of my leg. It itched for a day, and is now getting bigger and starting to be a little painful. My first thought was mrsa recurring, but it seemed like the antibiotics I took in September had already taken care of that. Is this not how it works?? I have yet to go to a doctor, I will during the week. I'm just trying to gauge what I'm possibly getting into.

Old 06-07-2010, 02:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User
Re: mrsa or recurring staph?

You can become colonised by staph, which can cause recurent infections.

If this is the case, the way to decolonise your self is

Use Hibiclens in the shower every day for a 10 days instead of soap and shampoo - be especialy thorough around the ano-genital region and armpits, then use a washcloth to lather up the entire body, including the scalp.

Apply some Neosporin into both noistrils twice a day for 10 days using a qtip, spear it around, and press the nostrils together

Of course, this needs discussing with your doctor.

However, 2 staph infections 6 months apart dont nessecerily mean you are colonised, it could just be bad luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread