It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2010, 06:44 AM   #1
(female)

14sally HB User
Staph Infection.....Septic Emboli....Need Help

Got a staph infection from surgery 9/08. Ortho who had been practicing in US 8 years would not give antibiotics, so it went to the bone in the foot, Ostiomylitis. After a year of no treatment, I got 5 weeks of IV antibiotics and 3 months of antibiotics by mouth. Now I have septic emboli and major chest pain. No one will treat me after they see the terrible treatment I have received so far. I have had septic emboli since 11/09. It is going to kill me if someone does not help me!!! What can I do to get a doctor to treat me??? Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2010, 09:37 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
Re: Staph Infection.....Septic Emboli....Need Help

Doctors hate to step in and fix another doc's mistakes. They're afraid of getting sued for anothers screw ups. Been there.

What I did was go to a major medical center...a teaching hospital....and ask for their help. You'll probably have to travel but it's worth it if it keeps you alive. I lived out in western Massachusetts and had to go to Boston to find help. You may even have to sign a waiver that you won't sue them. And put in writing that you have discharged that doc.

What part of Virginia is your town? Anywhere close to Baltimore? You can't find a better place than Johns Hopkins.

Jenny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2010, 12:54 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

harka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB User
Re: Staph Infection.....Septic Emboli....Need Help

Hi 14sally,

You've been through a lot! I really hope you feel better soon. Which antibiotics have you been treated with? Why do you think you have septic emboli? Usually with Staphylococcus aureus, once you start having septic emboli, it (usually) means you have infective endocarditis and it's not something that carries on for 7 months without destroying your heart valve. What symptoms are you having right now?

Closed Thread