It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2010, 10:14 PM   #1
(male)

asano HB User
Chills without Fever for a month + soar throat

after a protected sex with a CSW that day, I took a bath at 5:00 am and slept with hair still bit wet, when I woke up, I developed soar throat and little feverish. The 5th day, developed into chills without fever, with few sweats going for a month, it happens in few hours of each day, still have a mild soar throat and ocassionaly dry couch. though dry cough burst for a few minutes once in a day. My stomach appears to be discomfort at times but it does not lead to Diarrhea. my stool is dark. and I am easily prone to motion sickness.

my first two weeks later. CBC test counts from 4800, monocyte 4.0. Then on the next CBC after a week, it dropped to 4,400 and my monocytes down to to 2.0.

after the month, I was tested for HIV and syphillis and it was negative, then two days after my test, I'm experiencing pains from my lymph nodes area in the nect and near my elbow. though My doctor checked twice in my neck. she said, it does not appear swollen.

I'm due to do another CBC two weeks from now, right now, my doctor only gave my anti-histamines.

what things should my doctor look for?

Last edited by asano; 06-08-2010 at 10:27 PM.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

harka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB User
Re: Chills without Fever for a month + soar throat

Your symptoms are fairly non-specifc, and the CBC is not going to help really--even if it's normal. Your doctor could test you for EBV induced mono, but I'll bet your symptoms will just go away on their own. If you actually had chills, sweats and a fever, that's different, but chills are very non-specific and don't point towards any one diagnosis.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2010, 11:00 PM   #3
(male)

asano HB User
Re: Chills without Fever for a month + soar throat

Thanks, I'd like to go for EBV test but we don't have it here

I just had a (8th week) HIV Antibody Test yesterday

I got my result for HIV 1/2 and it has a value of 0.32 (Non-Reactive) while refference is 0.90 Reactive.

The numbers make me feel uncomfortable, I'm not sure but I don't recall numeric values on my last 4th week test. and I was sure I didn't saw referrence values last time.

still have the symptoms but they are much much better.

Closed Thread