It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2010, 08:58 AM   #1
(male)

david45249 HB User
chronic fatigue

I've been very tired every day for about 5 years now. I'm on a journey to figure out what is wrong with me. Is it possible that I have a chronic infection without having a fever? What are other symptoms that I should be looking for? What about something as simple as a sinus infection? I would appreciate any feedback.

David

Old 12-09-2010, 08:59 AM   #2
(male)

Plante HB User
Re: chronic fatigue

Hey David,

My girlfriend is like this due to her low iron, so anemia might be it. Also, depending where you live plays a huge part in fatigue. For example: my gf and I lived in a basement level apartment, and since her allergies are bad, she was always sick, tired and actually vomiting due to molds, mildew, that we couldn't see, but they were there. What's your diet like? If you are always fatigue, eat a high carb diet with a lot of pasta's. This is pretty good for fatigue as well as energy. (This is my diet, university student diet) lol
Also, Drink a lot of water.

Hope this helps, keep me posted. :-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2011, 10:59 AM   #3
(female)

ao1914 HB User
Re: chronic fatigue

Have you ever had your Vitamin B12 level checked? It can be checked through a simple blood test. I went to the doc for something unrelated, and happened to mention I'm always tired and fatigued. They drew blood and checked my B12 level, and sure enough, it was extremely low. She put me on shots to raise my levels. She told me that many of her B12 deficient patients who are put on shots tell her that it changed their lives.

I did my own research on Vit B12 deficiency and found out that B12 is not only important for your energy, but for your memory as well. This made sense, as I tend to have a horrible short-term memory. Many dementia/alzheimers patients had B12 deficiencies for years and were never treated.

I also found out that Vit B12 is something that people normally get from food, and it tends to be common. Therefore, if you have a B12 deficiency, you either half starve yourself or (the more likely option) your body lacks the ability to absorb B12 from food, such as my case. So if you are ever diagnosed with a B12 deficiency, you'll likely be put on shots for the rest of your life because it's impossible for you to get it any other way. But it's better than being fatigued your whole life or worse, getting alzheimers one day. There are also Vit B12 pills, but the shots will get you feeling better much faster. Hope this helps.

Closed Thread