It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2010, 07:51 PM   #1
(female)

gjoshmom HB User
HELP! 9mthold with MRSA on groin

Please help.

My 9mth old got mrsa on his groin and had to spend 4 excruciating nights in the hospital with high fevers and severe swelling of his groin. The docs manually squeezed out most of the pus from the cellulitis and gave clyndomicin.

I NEED to know how I can AGGRESSIVELY attack this NOW before I start seeing a recurring mrsa infection. In fact, now that I know what it is, I think he might have had an infection before that went away on its own.

What kind of doctor do I need for a baby with mrsa. Is there anything I can do now while to begin to work against it coming back. The swelling and fevers have gone but now there is a hard lump under the skin and it wont drain any further. Y is this happening? PLEASE PLEASE HELP!

Any help will do! thanks.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:45 AM   #2
(female)

pfe HB Userpfe HB Userpfe HB Userpfe HB Userpfe HB Userpfe HB User
Re: HELP! 9mthold with MRSA on groin

My heart goes out to you and your precious baby.

I think he will need to be under the care of an Infectious Disease physician. The key would then be to find the "best" one in your city, the one who is most highly recommended and on top of the latest research. I would think when your baby is ready to leave the hospital, they will refer you to an infectious disease doctor, but if they don't, ask for a referral.

I know there are books out there about MRSA, many websites, etc. You want to make sure there is no way he will get re-exposed. Everything needs to be disinfected. Start with items carried by family members and items in your home most likely to harbor the bacteria and go from there. I know it can be transferred around on phones, the bottom of purses, pens, keyboards, shoes, underneath long fingernails... just washing clothing is not enough to kill the bacteria.

That's why I would go to an infectious disease doctor. They probably have a lot of printed information they can give you.

I hope your little one is cured soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread