It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2010, 02:02 PM   #1
(male)

Juslqqkin HB User
Drug resistant thrush! Please help

OK...so Ive been dealing with thrush since at least April, but prolly around 2 years. But honestly didn't pay attention to it until my partner tested positive for HIV and came down with thrush, night sweats,weight loss etc...therefore obviously freaked out for a couple weeks before I got the balls to get tested...well I have tested negative a half dozen times since then, with one blood test and the rest rapid tests...so being that im not sexually active im reasonably sure HIV is not a issue, as the person at the clinic told me and pretty much anyone Ive asked....SO! why in the earth does a 26 y/o man have THRUSH? its driving me nuts. When I first got thrush I believe it was 2 years ago after a tongue piercing, it became infected and then healed, but was around that time my tongue had a few small white stripes on it. Well being a guy I ignored it as it got progressively worse, and didn't freak until the HIV scare. Well its gotten better and worse with diet changes, probiotics and with meds. The oddest thing was when I was on fluconazole, I started the "load" dose, the next morning it was like 75% better then when i when down to one pill for the remaining 13 days it CAME BACK! Ive been on the lozenges, nystatin, and fluconazole with little progress...and now my one lymph node in my neck I believe is swollen, but it could just be with me checking it all the time, because im turning into a loony tune. another things that i get differing opinions is that I have 9 teeth that need filled and admittedly did almost nothing with oral care until I started fighting this back in April, im working on getting teeth fixed now...need crown and going to at least get the other real bad tooth fixed soon. the dentist thinks I its rare for people to get thrush from cavities "but I could be wrong" his words! his suggestion is that I go to a oral surgeon and see if I have dry mouth?? My question is I have read thrush can be a ***** to treat and can become resistant to meds...DID I WAIT TO LONG to get this fixed? i feel fine! this is just crazy worrying, and being that I don't have insurance VERY VERY expensive and im just bout out of money....Dos anyone have any suggestions? I have got tested for HIV ever few weeks since april to keep me sane for another month! PLEASE HELP

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2010, 02:05 PM   #2
(male)

Juslqqkin HB User
Re: Drug resistant thrush! Please help

This is thrush...My boss a former lab tech at hospital did a scraping and looked at under scope and looks just like a thrush spore....and it brushes off in morning and sometime bleeds a lil...looks almost normal and then looked coated again by the end of day!

Old 11-26-2010, 04:59 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User

Try rinsing your mouth with diluted Betadine every day.

Dilute one part betadine in twenty parts water ( 1 teapoon in half a cup) and rinse for 1 full minute.

Do it twice a day until improvement occurs, then once a day to keep it from comming back. it is worth a shot.

You can also put some neat betadine on your toothbrush and scrub the lesions, leave it for 1 minute, then rinse.

it might be a good idea to start a regimen of vitamin and mneral supplements to boost your immune system - twinlab daily two is a great high potency one that contains good amounts of all the key immune nutrients

Multiple anecdotes do not equal evidence - Me

Last edited by Administrator; 03-17-2012 at 02:22 AM.

Old 11-27-2010, 05:42 AM   #4
(male)

Juslqqkin HB User

thanx for the reply...have u had this before? I looked in the mirror yesterday and FREAKED, there where raised cheesy looking crap on tongue...it like ramped up, haven't had it like that in months....why is a 26 year old GUY dealing with this?

Old 11-27-2010, 03:36 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User

Have you had any tests to check your immune function (apart from the HIV test)

Have you been checked for diabeties?

Multiple anecdotes do not equal evidence - Me

Old 11-27-2010, 04:13 PM   #6
(male)

Juslqqkin HB User

No I havent, I feel fine other than being a little sore today and my lymph node in neck seems enlarged...The sticking point is my job is dragging there feet on getting me healthcare...so I have been deal with Urgent cares...I need bloodwork done i know that. I dont believe I have diabetes, as I have a coworker bring in there glucose meter and I was like 106-110 resting before I ate anything...I was told by several people if I have tested negative for HIV with numerous rapid tests and a blood test that im for sure negative...but this is enough to drive a person insane

Old 11-27-2010, 04:18 PM   #7
(male)

Juslqqkin HB User

Yes I did a blood sugar test in the morning once with my friends monitor, it was 106-110. But have no other bloodwork done, do to the fact I have no health insurance! I was told by several people that the odds of me having HIV are 0, after a half dozen rapid tests and a blood test..but this is enough to drive someone insane. been dealing with this since april, but had it before, just didnt pay much attention til me "scare"

Old 12-01-2010, 04:38 AM   #8
(male)

Juslqqkin HB User

Well got another HIV rapid test today...negative as I assumed, I think what I have heard as Chronic Thrush. Prolly because I waited so long to get treated. There is a couple more option i hear then, possibility IV anti fungal

Closed Thread