It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2010, 11:54 PM   #1
(female)

crz4u381 HB User
Exclamation Severe chronic all over itch

I have had a severe all over itch since at least September (maybe August)... and its now almost the new year... I seriously cant take this intense itch anymore! Please someone help! My doctor has no idea and dermatologist dont know.. at first they thought i had scabies back in September but i did all the treatments for that over and over and nothing has helped my itch. I have even tried calamine lotion, unscented everything, no perfumes.. and still no help! Yes i am on alot of medicines but none that changed around that time and all the meds that the dr gives me to try to help the itch do NOT work! Ive tried many different ones and even taking multiple benadryl or whatever other meds does nothing for the itch! I just wanna scream and cry because the itch is all over my body and never stops but definitely gets worst at night. ... please someone help me! im beyond wits end and im begging for help!

Current medical diagnosis's:
1. Fibromyalgia
2. Degenerative Disc Disease
3. Arthritis
4. Tendinitis
5. Carpal Tunnel
6. Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis
7. Costochondritis
8. Migraines
9. Chronic Tension Headaches
10. Irritable Bowel Syndrome
11. Depression
12. Borderline Personality Disorder
13. Panic Disorder
14. Social Anxiety Disorder
15. Generalized Anxiety Disorder
16. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
17. Insulin Resistance
18. NASH Syndrome
19. Bells Palsy
20. Goiter
21. Internal Hemorrhoids
22. Asthma
23. Allergies
24. Post Scabies Syndrome???

Previous Medical Problems:
1. Colon Polyp Removed - 2007
2. Gall Stones – gall bladder was removed 2010
3. Broke Foot - 1996 & 1999
4. Broke Wrist - 1998

Past Surgeries:
1. Gall Bladder Removed - May 2010
2. Colonoscopy – 2001 & December 2007
3. Endoscopy – 2001 & December 2007
4. Tonsils Removed – Approximately 1991?
5. Staph Infection (Neck) – 1986 (was 6 weeks old)
6. Right Foot Surgery, Partial Torn Ligament & Removed some scar tissue – October 2004
7. Barium Enema – End 2007 or Beg. 2008
8. Stitches forehead and lip - 1989?

Current Medications:
1. Cymbalta – 60mg – 1 tab daily
2. Atenolol – 25mg – 1 tab daily
3. Singulair – 10mg – 1 tab daily
4. Metformin – 500mg 1 tab 2x/day
5. Valium – 5mg ½ tab 2x/day
6. Klonopin – 1 mg 2 x/day
7. Levoxyl – 100mcg

As Needed Medications:
1. Albuterol Inhaler
2. Diclofenac Sodium – 50mg
3. Benadryl - OTC
4. Bentyl – 10mg
5. Promethazine – 25mg

Allergies:
1. Imitrex
2. Bactrim
3. Ultram
4. Pertussis Vaccine
5. Environmental - Smoke

I am also taking atarax 50mg and sinequan 10mg, both to try to help the itch and neither have helped. .. i can take numerous atarax's or even with benadryl and i feel no relieve. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The following user gives a hug of support to crz4u381:
staphtired (12-30-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2010, 09:49 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Severe chronic all over itch

Hi there! Is there a rash presently and if so would there be interest in taking a picture of that rash without showing us the face so the identity is kept?

Old 12-27-2010, 11:36 PM   #3
(female)

crz4u381 HB User
Question Re: Severe chronic all over itch

Yes i have a rash all over (again the drs dont know)... and looks vary depending on where the rash is.. some areas are just spots.. others are like lesions and scabs from itching.

another detail that might not be related to this at all is that i have noticed i have been bruising easier.. i just randomly find bruises on my legs or arms sometimes.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:09 PM   #4
(male)

staphtired HB User

I had an alergic reation that caused me this intense ithing I was at the edge too! Turned out that prednisone I got to stop an alergic reaction I reacted to it. My soles of my feet and the palms of my hands...I thought I was out of my mind. No sleep for 2 days straight. It took over a week after High Dose of IV Prednisone at hospital plus oral high dose to ware off.
Derm doc gave RX too didn't help.....Once I was off the pred it took over a week, it magically went away. Hope this may be useful....hang in there I truly feel your pain. Another idea write a journal when you take your meds Med name time taken, any comments, after taking them ie
faint feeling, heart races, tired, dizzy, feeling hot - temp. This helped me to help my docs help me I actually figured out two times the specific cause drug that I was reacting to. Sometimes its combos of drugs too. Sometimes the side effects of the drugs are worth taking them. Talk with your docs - Feel Better Soon Big Hugs to you!

Old 01-02-2011, 01:25 PM   #5
(female)

tootsie15 HB User

crz4u381, I feel your pain. I too have had similar symptoms - like you, pretty much since Sept. 2010. I was on Cymbalta 60 mg for about a year when I first started getting the itching - at the time I didn't think anything of it as I thought it was related to dehydration. then, because I had a depressive episode, my doc added Wellbutrin into the mix, along with remeron. it seemed the itching didn't stop and my skin seemed to be reacting with a red blotchy rash so we removed the remeron (which I took for sleep) and I was put on Trazadone in place of remeron. well, the trazadone made be break out in hives so I stopped that shortly after. the itching and blotchy rash persisted so we removed the Wellbutrin - but after that, the itching continued. so we thought it must be the cymbalta. I've weaned off of it and have been off it completely for a week now (I'm now on Effexor 225mg), but the itching is still there, as is the blotchy rash. my skin seems super sensitive to clothes, heat/cold and seems to injure easily, as well as bruise easily. so I'm stumped - I just want this thing to go away - It's driving me nuts! Claritin/Benadryl don't seem to help. I wonder if any of the drugs permanently damaged my skin. I'm trying to be patient and give it time, especially since I was on/off so many different meds. but it's frustrating.
has your doctor ruled out the medications, such as cymbalta?

Old 01-02-2011, 03:01 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi Is there interest in trying lemons, grapefruits, oranges or limes at least one a day for the next 30 days? Perhaps they could be used with breakfast or a grain and fruit meal at supper time.

Last edited by sjb; 01-02-2011 at 04:02 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjb For This Useful Post:
crz4u381 (01-04-2011)
Old 01-04-2011, 12:01 PM   #7
(female)

crz4u381 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb View Post
Hi Is there interest in trying lemons, grapefruits, oranges or limes at least one a day for the next 30 days? Perhaps they could be used with breakfast or a grain and fruit meal at supper time.

i did eat a orange a couple times, but i didnt know it could help at all..

Old 01-04-2011, 12:13 PM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

Hi well, I wonder if there is a shortage of vitamin c, a lemon or other citrus might in the end be beneficial unless there is allergy to it. These are also said to be good for infection if there is one. No confections either in my and some doctors opinions, if there is infection it may make it worse. Some peoples infections, flues, colds etc are worsening at this time because of the confections, pastries etc taken in on recent holidays. Hope this helps

The Following User Says Thank You to sjb For This Useful Post:
crz4u381 (01-04-2011)
Closed Thread