It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2011, 01:34 PM   #1
(female)

mcullin HB User
Battling with mssa

I am new to this message board as well as new to mssa. I have been sick with low grade fever, fatigue, skin lesions, numbness in left hand and a very painful scalp,face and neck for the last year. I went to so many different doctors that all had different diagnosis and I never left one of them without some sort of antibiotic prescription. As a result I took minocycline 100mg for almost 3 months to treat adult acne. I only got worse losing close to 20 lbs and all of the above symptoms just became debilitating.

In November, 2010 a swab and urine culture showed mssa. I was treated through out-patient infusion with 5 days of vanco. Things got better and the numbness went away in my hand leaving carbuncles and swollen knuckles. But I could use my hand alot more than before. 2 to 3 weeks later I was back in the same boat just not as bad. I have bad days and good days. Bad days consist of extreme fatigue, pain in the scalp, face and neck area. I am presently being treated with solodyn(expensive minocycline) and kefex, a lotion and a gel. The Infectious Disease doctor only give me antibiotics when I show signs of infection. I forgot to mention my eyes, nose and mouth are also effected. I lost a crown and had to have a molar removed to try and help get rid of the infection in the gum below it.

I feel like I am in a nightmare and can't walk up. My stress level is maxed out due to my divorce of an alcoholic husband. Does any of these symptoms ring a bell with anyone and has anyone ever had experience with the infection coming back so often? Any suggestions and/or information would really make me feel better at this point. I feel like a hypochondriac.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2011, 01:47 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Battling with mssa

Hi perhaps you mean MRSA Methicillin Resistant Staph Aureus instead of mssa?

Old 03-25-2011, 07:32 AM   #3
(female)

mcullin HB User

That has been one of my questions to the ID doctor. The first culture last May did say MRSA. I had the second culture done in NOV and that is the one that came back MSSA. I appreciate your help. This has been very confusing to me.

Old 03-25-2011, 08:34 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi perhaps the second record had a typographical error on it.

Closed Thread