It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2011, 01:27 PM   #1
(male)

HiPeople HB User
Can it be a infection?

I know i don't have a high temperature, but I seem to feel weak this morning. And the days before this i had a cough for a week with mucus coming up which i still have till this day and random sneezes for no reason. My left and right arm kind ache left side maybe the chest or lung feels different.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:48 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: Can it be a infection?

There is a weird virus and flu going around. I know many....many folks who keep getting it over and over plus it takes weeks to get rid of. As long as you don't have a fever I would just try and rest as much as possible and definately drink a lot of fluids to keep hydrated. If it's viral there isn't much they can do for it as antibiotics will not help anything viral.

Feel better soon....JJ...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2011, 11:54 AM   #3
(male)

HiPeople HB User

How will anyone know its viral?
I haven't heard of anything going around yet. But thank you for the support.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:09 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

If it is just viral with no fever then they will have you rest..drink fluids etc. If they do a CBC blood count and your white blood cells are higher then normal, they will consider it an infection and possibly put you on an antibiotic. Most times even a virus will raise your temperature some, but they usually know the difference between viral and a true infection..

Seeing you have a cough they can examine you to see if your lungs are clear, if so, then it is probably viral. If your not getting better have it checked.

Good luck...JJ....

Old 03-04-2011, 12:14 PM   #5
(male)

HiPeople HB User

Well yesterday my doctor took a vial of my blood and sent me for chest x-ray hopefully something will show or give answer =).
My doctor also mentioned something about thyroid.

Old 03-04-2011, 01:18 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Well your on the right road seeing you went to the Dr. So now let's hope it is something easy to fix. Usually a Thyroid if it comes back as low will make you feel very tired, not sure about pains and aches.

Best of wishes....JJ.....

Closed Thread