It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infectious Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2011, 09:22 PM   #1
(female)

Truong8 HB User
Staph Infection worry

My sister that's 8 years had a bug bite on her left leg in August 2009 and it swelled up and was filled with pus, but we never got it looked at by a doctor. Recently she was complaining about her leg, so I told her to roll up her pants and on her right leg there was a bump that looked exactly like the bug bite she got in August 2009, we have suspicion that it is a staph infection. Here are some pictures of it:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00062-20110326-2234.jpg (96.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00063-20110326-2234.jpg (97.6 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Truong8; 03-26-2011 at 09:23 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2011, 09:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: Staph Infection worry

I would definately take her to a Dr. ASAP cause if it is a staph infection she needs antibiotics. Sometimes a staph infection will go dorment (SP.?) and then apear some time later. If staph it may need to be drained as well.

For now, keep it clean and lightly covered. My neighbor fell in his driveway while working on his car and got what he thought was just a scraped elbow. Several weeks later his arm swelled twice the size. He went to the Er and it definately was MRSA, so they drained it and put him on a strong antibiotic. For awhile it was fine but flared again 2 other times and he needed to have it done again. Don't mess with any staph infection.

Wishing you and your sis well. Keep us posted..JJ...

The Following User Says Thank You to JJ For This Useful Post:
misry (04-22-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread